Can't get the ONT modem to bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter stroper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,725
ISP
Airtel Fiber
Hello there!

I have received 707GR1 ONT with firmware version V01.00.01_72 from Airtel with 300Mbps speed. I have requested bridge mode and the option is now available under WAN connection. I have TP-Link router and I couldn't find a way to enable bridge mode on the ONT to connect tp-link router as there were multiple configuration options which I couldn't figure out.

I have called Airtel support and received username and password. Previously, the username is newuser@airtelbroadband.in and the password is hidden. I have tried with dsl number such as xxxxxx_dsl@airtelbroadband.in and account number as password and it didn't work. I have done nothing apart from enabling the bridge option under WAN configuration page. May be there is something else that I must configure?

Any further help/advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

lJCYDGw.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the pppoe password? if my user id is like 0000xxxxx_dsl@airtelbroadband.in
then will my password be this number before dsl or is it the account number?

Upvote 0
When you dial the 2nd PPPoE connection, it's a seperate public ip. You get your plan speeds on both the ont as well as the new bridged router. So your speed is in effect doubled. Also with Dynamic IP you can get double nat when dhcp of 2nd router is on.

Upvote 1