Can't get over 512 Kbps!

• Thread starter Thread starter Exxe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,980

Exxe

ISP
Airtel
I have a 512 kbps Airtel connection, and I get around 56-60 KBps download speed. But I tried using the id-pass of my friend's 1 mbps connection but I'd still get 512, where as my other friend (whos using a 256 connection) gets full 1 mbps on the same id pass. How do I fix this?:SDSL StatusStatus SHOWTIME Mode G.DMT Type Fast Downstream UpstreamRate (Kbps) 576 576 SNR Margin (dB) 30.3 21.0 Attenuation (dB) 11.0 6.5 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 10560 1120 Output Power (dBm) 12.1 12.5 Super Frames 230158 230156 Super Frame Errors 0 0

ports have been binded.no other user password connection allowed.

some ports aren't... what u can do is complain to Airtel CC stating that Broadband on demand @2MBPS is not working fully, as you are stuck with 576 upstream/downstream speed...after which you should get 2048kbps as downstream.... n that will solve ur problem..

some ports aren't...

For how long though...remains to be seen. They went on an agressive port binding spree a couple of weeks back. Btw, let's move this thread to the Backroom Forum. 😛

some ports aren't...

what u can do is complain to Airtel CC stating that Broadband on demand @2MBPS is not working fully, as you are stuck with 576 upstream/downstream speed...

after which you should get 2048kbps as downstream.... n that will solve ur problem..

I tried doing that. I called them up & told them that I was not getting 2mbps as per the SoD service, and my speed was the same as before. He said you should wait for a while before it goes up. And when I explained to him that I thought it was because of the downstream rate being limited to 576, but he said it was unimportant and did not play a role. 😕

call up again as diff CC have diff knowledge level, and write/email to CC and nodal...

I know averything (ex-airtel employee)

If your your port is update for 4 or 8 Mbps then you get this speed on diff ID.

Note: If you are RSU distance within 1.2 km then you get speed in Mbps othersiwe you stuck at 512 Kbps.

My port is updated to 4 Mbps:thumbsup:

Tip: ISP deptt. easily catch you if you are use your friends ID (for this thing I lost my job tooo.) but you are not exployee of airtel then u go to the jail.

are you prepare for this.

because when you took the connection the technican binded your connection of some port like BPL_16_10. and your frind port is binded to BPL_16_12 now when check the ISP the hit frm not get the orig id then they maintain the log and saw time,date,data,id,connection owner name etc. and log the case against you. no one save you.

Nodal pe mail bhejha to teri khol ke lel lenge. (papa ko Bata de tu aisa kar raha hai wakeel ka intzaam kar lo)

Tere pass to 1 Mbps unlimited id hai mere pass to office waali 4 Mbps or 12 Mbps unlimited test waali id hai wo na use kar leta mein.

"Jitni chadar utne pair failow"

ISP Used Software:

i agree with lucky.... Service provider have all details, that we may don't even know off...if u regularly pay ur bills and a loyal Airtel Cust plus have full faith in ur friend, then u won't be touched, believe me as, as a Private player, its difficult to get loyal cust with so many service providers cropping up.Use Broadband On Demand for one-two pulse -> check your speed and then complain to CC and nodal....m sorry for lucky dude....:-|