Can't Bridge With New DragonPath ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter Zenithx99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,907
ISP
Airtel
Greetings Everyone,

After one month of several complaints and frustration, I finally managed to get my faulty Nokia g2425 replaced with a new Dragonpath ont (707GR1). I noticed that the firmware on this one is completely open, nothing is greyed out, unlike the old Nokia. So I've been trying to bridge the new ont with my Tenda AC-1200 Router with no success. and I am on static IP, the engineer who visited to install the ont said you can't bridge with a static IP. is it true ? and if not could someone guide me on how i can set it up. any help would be appreciated.

That engineer is talking rubbish, I am on static IP + bridge mode. However, changing it yourself in the router may not work (it's a bit of a chance you take), you need to inform their backend to activate it just as in the Nokia.

@Zenithx99

I have the same modem as you with a static IP too, thankfully bridging is super easy with it.
  1. login (user: admin/pw: password)
  2. Got to WAN
  3. select 'nas0_0' (this is the default profile created with connection type set as INTERNET_TR69 - it is ok to use it)
  4. Select settings as shown in the screenshot below
    1. in case the image gets lost in the future, exact settings :
      1. VLAN = checked
      2. 802.1p_mark = 0
      3. Multicase Vlan id = empty
      4. Channel Mode = Bridged
      5. Bridge Mode = Bridged Ethernet (Transparent Bridging)
      6. Enable NAPT = unchecked
      7. Enable QOS = unchecked
      8. Admin Status = Enable
      9. Connection Type = INTERNET_TR069
      10. Enable IGMP Proxy = unchecked
      11. Enable MLD Proxy = unchecked
image.png

I have this setup with a Netgear router, but have tried directly connecting it with pc/laptop. You can use this directly with your pc to test and make sure it isn't the Tenda that isn't working, not the other way around.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Is there a difference between logging in with PPPoE or just setting it to dynamic ip on the your router that's connected to the ONT?

Both ways seem to work the same for me but maybe i'm missing something?

@gitap24033 there is a difference

If you set your modem to bridge and your router to handle PPPoE. (Firewall, Portforwarding, DMZ and everything will be handled by the router and the Airtel modem is just a dummy device)

If you set your modem to do PPPoE and your router as Dynamic IP. (Firewall, Portforwarding, DMZ and everything will be handled by the router and the Airtel modem also does Firewall, Portforwarding, DMZ)

So it will be headache to configure in both Airtel modem and your router. Adding to this few features like port forwarding doesn't work on Dragon Path ONT check this thread Port Forwarding not working with Airtel Dragonpath (707GR1) | Airtel Xstream Broadband