• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,619

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
I've got an Airtel connection, with a beetel 220bx modem, which I was able to access via 192.168.1.1.For the last few months I have had a wireless router, and although I could access my modem's configuration earlier, somehow suddenly I can't any longer. Firefox just keeps loading and loading, and IE just says that it can't display it. I can successfully ping the modem, and my internet works totally fine. I can't access the modem's config neither on my laptop (wireless), nor on my desktop (wired), but when I connect it to the modem directly, (i.e. removing the wireless router out of the loop) then I can access it perfectly.I have tried upgrading the firmware... no change.Any ideas?

thats your hint... removing the wireless router fixes the problemmaybe your wireless router has its own internal lan thingy... so 192.168.1.1 no longer points to your modem, rather it points to the routerso try 192.168.1.2 (maybe), or try to get to your router's config page so you can figure out what IP your modem is on

My wireless router is on 192.168.11.1 and 192.168.1.2 goes to the same place. As far as I can tell, the modem is still on 192.168.1.1 as the wireless router lists that as it's default gateway. I don't know what dhcp is, but the wireless router does say that the default gateway is "(via DHCP)" and the "DHCP Server Address" is 192.168.1.1

Try opening via 192.168.11.2 or 192.168.11.3 or 192.168.11.4 !!!Else don't know!

nope that didn't work either.... what's this dhcp thing?

The wireless router is BUFFALO WHR-G54S.

The funny things is that I took my laptop and wireless router to a friend's house who also has Airtel and a Beetel 220bx modem, and the same problem happens there too.

So must be something in my wireless router....... any ideas?

Tried resetting and reconfiguring the wireless router yet? Also make sure DHCP is enabled in both the 220BX and the wireless router. I could upload the latest firmware for the 220BX(this one has the Beetel logo on the top left) if you don't already have it, but i doubt it would make any difference.

ok, I'm posting the info I get from the "System Info" page of my wireless router. Please see if this puts any light on the subject:

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buffaloit5.jpg