Cannot Use Laptop and Desktop At the same time when on a bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,491

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi, Recently i changed from PPPoE to bridge mode . I found torrents and surfing faster in bridge mode , but theres a problem here . I cannot use the laptop (wireless) and the Desktop both at the same time . If someone has connected to the net using the dialer on the desktop, then i cannot dial in through the laptop , it gives error 673 : phone line busy or something . similiarly vice versa . is this a limitation on the bridge mode ? .. i really need both the laptop and desktop connected to the internet . is there a setting somewhere or am i back to the pppoe mode .Thanks in Advance

yes this is a limitation in bridged mode.. there's only one way where you can get internet on both laptop and desktop using bridged mode i.e. use either laptop or desktop as a server and enable Internet Connection Sharing..But in such a case its always better to switch to PPOE mode

Yep, PPPoE mode suits fine for multiple connectivity. If ICS is enabled the server should be switched on, for the client to connect and browse 🙁