Cannot sell on ebay without GST number?

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,012
ISP
Tata Docomo, Siti Broadband
To sell a product on ebay.in I need a GST number? I just wanted to sell 1 item and it says that I require GST number to list item. OLX is pissing me off with offers like Rs.2000 for an item I have listed as Rs.10000

based on my experience with selling Nokia 8 on ola... you just need some patience 😛
pay for a paid listing for a week. ignore stupid offers. it just takes one reasonable offer to get the deal done.
few years ago, i also got lucky with selling a HP chromebook. i had zero hopes of finding someone locally who would buy a chromebook back then. and someone contacted me after like 10 days of the post and he took it off my hands.
but yeah, these are my only two success stories 😛 i could not sell my Sony handycam. i can understand why. no one uses a handycam these days with cameras being so portable. and i do not want to sell it for scrap as it makes more sense to just keep it as backup for some fateful day when i might need to shoot an hour long video for some unknown reasons.

i also looked at selling through ebay and Amazon and nothing made sense. i also found this new platform (Buy and sell used stuff in India - letgo) but got no offers through it.

also consider quikr. they seem to be handling payments and deliveries so there is no contact needed with buyer. just explore all the options. i also posted on erodev though got zero offers through it as well lol.

I got a kindle paperwhite with my Sony TV, I haven't opened it. It comes with a case, 2 year accidental warranty and 80% off on books(upto Rs.2000), combined they cost 16500. I have listed it for 10k sealed unit and getting offers for 5-7k, is my asking price too high or their offer is too low?

I have listed on quikr but no responses from it yet.

Last edited:
ah. that's a hard sell as you are asking more(?) money than the cost of the product. rest of the stuff would only matter to few buyers. olx and quikr are not really suited for brand new unused products sadly.

you are in gurgaon right? i have been stopping myself from getting the kindle during sale for a long time now. i do not have much use for it as i no longer have the attention span i had years ago when i read books. but i do want to get back into it. if you do not get any buyers in the end, ping me with your best offer and i would see if i can take it off your hands. it is more than what i would want to pay but your expected price seems reasonable to me. i mean i would not consider the value of a new kindle as 11K. it sells for 8999 during sales that comes up every couple of weeks.

sjtY9R5.png

I am from Nagpur but a friend lives in Delhi, so I can ship it to him or I can ship it to you directly. I will give it a few more days before dropping the price though.

so how do quikr gets around it? by acting as the seller on behalf of the seller?