• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 21,336

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Since last 2-3 days I am not able to make calls from my Vodafone mobile to BSNL Landline numbers. Luckily I have Aircel and Docomo sim at my home so had no problem while calling from home. But while I am out, I only have Vodafone with me. And its really difficult to call any BSNL landline. I get recorded message from Vodafone that BSNL has blocked incoming calls to their landline service.
In news its mentioned that Vodafone, Airtel and Idea (Top 3 mobile companies of India) are blocked by BSNL. It is really unethical by BSNL to block calls and Govt/TRAI should immediately sort this issue.

----------

Thread title changed? I had entered title "BSNL Landline Blockage"

Is this happening all over India or only in certain circles ? I seem to have no problem calling bsnl landlines from airtel, vodafone and idea.

Its happening in Maharashtra and Goa Circle. Not sure about other circles.

Well one cant say its unethical.Due to interconnect agreement, BSNL can not block them unless it has very high case in hand to prove that it was ethical.If blocking a call was completely disallowed then these private operators will never pay bills to BSNL.

Last week the same thing happened in Chandigarh. BSNL blocked all incoming calls from mobiles. I was on business trip, using Idea mobile and suffered. I could not call my client office.

^^ FYI::
Check following link::

Last edited by a moderator:
sala Idea and vdodaphone aholes,. try to leech money from us on the time and cant pay their own bills, I say demand discount for the outage of service, I am doing it, I am getting atleast 500 off the next bill......seriously guys push them towards edge, ask them I am being severly affected what about giving me a discount....

Well you cant make calls TO BSNL from those operators but u can now make calls from BSNL to those operators.
Yes. Calls from Landline to these 3 operators is allowed. And even we can call landline from Aircel and Docomo (I have to use either of these 2 now for calling Landline)

Taking cognisance of the harassment being caused to residents owing to disconnectivity between BSNL land line phones and mobile phones of private service providers, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed BSNL to “immediately restore all points of interconnection” disconnected by it. TRAI has also directed BSNL to submit a compliance report by October 21.

TRAI orders BSNL to restore all interconnection points in 2 days - Readability

Good now those operators get liberty not to pay BSNL till BSNL files a case and then for time that court gives verdict

Good now those operators get liberty not to pay BSNL till BSNL files a case and then for time that court gives verdict

This is just false propaganda by BSNL that private operators are not paying!

Well my friend i will explain you how this interconnect works. The controversy started because BSNL wanted operator's to pay higher carriage fees applicable for intra circle calls then what was agreed in the past. There are 2 parts towards the cost of termination of a call, 1) NLD Termination rate - 0.20/- per minute. This is fixed by TRAI 2) Carriage fees: The exact value is not fixed by TRAI and is left to operators to settle among themselves. This is only applicable when you are not terminating a call to that particular SDCA to which you are calling. Since its not possible or economical for pvt operators to interconnect with all the BSNL SDCA exchanges, they usually hand over the call to BSNL at limited locations and BSNL then takes that call over its own network. They now want pvt operators to pay more, and as per the pvt operators more than what was agreed in the past.

BSNL then blocked the private operators, who then approached TDSAT and got a verdict in their favor, which BSNL did not honor. Its a simple case of BSNL running out of money and thinking of ways to collect more 😛 Ever since the ADC (access deficit charge) has been removed, they are looking for non std means to increase revenue!

Myself being en EX- Vodafone employee who was taking care of interconnects has no way affected my nature of post i.e. calling BSNL's bluff!

the fact also remains that it was bullshit of BSNL to cause problems for the general public. if they had any issues with the private operators they needed to sort it out in a court or with TRAI or TDSAT or whatever. blocking services affected the common man who would eventually pay for the bailout of BSNL.