Cannot access these sites!? Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashvon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 12,510
Heh yeah....wonder if he will come back.It's interesting he does not mention any registry changes, sounds like LAN/WAN settings. Tho i wonder why the telnet was reqd, almost everything can be done via the browser.

Folks,Here is what was done....the "TCP MSS Clamp" setting in the router was changed from a FALSE to a TRUE. (This was entirely done thru the web-interface for the router-managment.)I am not sure, what was the command for TELNET that was executed. (I did not write it down anywhere. Hope this helps yr knowledge-base!)Thks-Ash

searching online (like start.com) for info on "mss" or "mss clamping"

clip:

MSS - Maximum Segment Size. This is used in negotiating what the MTU of a connection between two hosts will be. Essentially this is saying "please don't send me packets bigger than X." This should typically be set to 40 less than your MTU to allow room for headers.

hey this is cool... people focus on MTU to get speed... maybe if you use MSS settings more sites will work better?

im impressed the airtel guy was able to help this guy out over the phone!

hehe http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2923.txt if you want details!

wow. this is a network layer modification! I am surprised that the CC guy knew it! 😱

Originally posted by Ashvon@Nov 8 2005, 07:46 AM
Folks,
Here is what was done....the "TCP MSS Clamp" setting in the router was changed from a FALSE to a TRUE. (This was entirely done thru the web-interface for the router-managment.)
[snapback]31055[/snapback]
[/quote]
Was looking at the web settings for my web-distributor II and could not find that MSS clamp at all.

All i saw was a MTU setting which is set at 1492.