Cannot access a specific site

• Thread starter Thread starter shyams80
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,675

shyams80

ISP
bsnl
Cannot access MedSourcer through my BSNL broadband connection. Not sure if other BSNL users can access the same website... something that I need to check. Otherwise, I've tried changing the MTU settings and using a OpenDNS - doesn't help.

The website loads through ctunnel (using BSNL), Tata Indicom and Reliance. So I know the site is up and it is unlikely that it is a problem with my browser/firewall settings. NeoTrace is able to get to the last node (on BSNL).

Spent 2hrs on the phone with BSNL support after which they said 'the backend people will get in touch'... hopefully they do.

Any ideas how this problem can be solved? This thing is driving me nuts!

Cannot access MedSourcer through my BSNL broadband connection. .......................

Temporary Relief: Try here.
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Which browser you use ?
If IE7 or 8 ( recommended by web site)
see security/sites
and add this website.
Or try Opera browser for testing. .

Using IE8, added the website in security/sites - doesnt help.The page doesnt load in Firefox either... so not sure if this is a browser thing. The BSNL support guys had a field day rebooting/resetting all my modem and network settings so thats pretty much covered...crazy stuff...

Using IE8, added the website in security/sites - doesnt help.
The page doesnt load in Firefox either... so not sure if this is a browser thing.

The BSNL support guys had a field day rebooting/resetting all my modem and network settings so thats pretty much covered...

crazy stuff...

1.Please confirm, could access the site with tinyurl link.

Start RUN
type cmd
type ping MedSourcer
type tracert MedSourcer
Post results.

1.Please confirm, could access the site with tinyurl link.
- No luck there. Says "The preview feature requires cookies to be enabled in your web browser."

2 Start RUN
type cmd
3 type ping MedSourcer

Pinging www.medsourcer.com [174.36.93.105] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 174.36.93.105:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

4 type tracert MedSourcer

Tracing route to www.medsourcer.com [174.36.93.105]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms

https://www.medsourcer.com/Home.aspx Airtel ISP opens FF 3.0.11
becomes.
http://tinyurl.com/n86ejk.......................... Airtel ISP opens FF 3.0.11

Quote and fill up:
1.Enable cookies and try. Result _____________________
2.Have you updated your OS ? Info ___________________
3.Mention the modem/router/ ________________________
3a.Firewall program : __________________________________
3b.and AV application you use.____________________________
.Usual options:
5.May be a MTU change to 1492 or 1480 may help.____________________
[TCP/IP optimizer from speedguide.net]
Open dns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.______________________

1.Enable cookies and try. Result: set to "accept all cookies" - doesn't load2.Have you updated your OS ? Info: Win Vista SP23.Mention the modem: BSNL UT300R2U3a.Firewall program : Windows Vista firewall is OFF3b.and AV application you use: Symantec Endpoint Protection, ver 11.Usual options:5.May be a MTU change to 1492 or 1480 may help. tried both, doesn't help[TCP/IP optimizer from speedguide.net]6. Open dns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222: doesn't help

Sorry mate... it working now and I dont want to mess with the settings... you know what they say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!Thanks for helping me out though.Cheers!:thumbsup: