can you help me configure Airtel 220x beetel connection for Vuze

• Thread starter Thread starter Dee4088
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,096

Dee4088

ISP
Airtel
Hi! I'm trying to set up my iMac for Vuze, a bittorrent program. Can someone help me configure my airtel router for the same. I have a beetel 220x adsl2 modem. I can't seem to find the advanced settings when I go to the IP address. I am a newbie and don't know much about what I'm doing except that I want to set up my computer to download movies faster. i am using an iMac OS X Version 10.5.7. Anyone who has set up Vuze (formerly Azureus)? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. I have already done the port forwarding part but not the static IP part of the set up. Just want to check that if another computer is using the same internet connection through a wireless router (airport for mac) will changing these settings (setting up static IP and port forwarding) affect the other computer's connection as well? And will Airtel give me the DNS server addresses or do I get them online from somewhere?thanks for your help.

YOu could use opendns servers - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .. setting up static ip on another machine shouldnt affect anything

Advanced setting - 192.168.1.1/main.htmlthen enter your username and passYou will be able to access then advance setting on your beete 220bxi modem😀

Thanks everyone. So now i've managed to do the port forwarding and the static IP set up. I have couple of more questions:-1. what should I set the upload speed as? (does it make a difference to how fast I can download?) 2. Although my torrent is showing a green smiley (Finally!), the download speed is only about 30 kB/s. is that good?3. As of now the ethernet cable is directly connected to my iMac. But I need to attach it to airport express and go wireless. What settings do i have to change (static ip wise) to make that change. thanks in advance.

the download/upload speeds depend also on the torrent you download.. it depends on the no of seeders and leachers..