Can we use any type of GPON ont for BSNL FTTH?

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 27,946
Hard to say if it will work with any type of ONU. See following video but it doesnt say for sure:

-- dead video --

Last edited by a moderator:
So from the video it seems the OLT for GPON vs. GEPON are different, so I am guessing you need to make sure that if your telephone exchange has GPON OLT then you can use any GPON ONT but if exchange has GEPON OLT then you need to use any GEPON ONU modem.

My LCO vendor provided me with a GEPON modem so I think my telephone exchange has GEPON OLT installed. Maybe some day I will ask them what company OLT is there.

GEPON max downstream is 1.25 gbps and for GPON max downstream is 2.5 gbps, for both upstream is 1.25 gbps in the video

2r4gE9O.png

Even though this is probably very old and outdated it shows there is chance of incompatibility if we try to buy our own ONU modem, better to stick to what your LCO/vendor provides 😀

@Nikhil Sharma How did you finalized the ONT? My LCO says we don't have buying option (don't have any knowledge). I want to buy one so please guide. OLT in LCO office/BSNL office needs to be of same company? They said OLT (they call it machine) is from BSNL itself.

We can give you configuration but won't be able to configure as every ONT is different. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Just ask BSNL/LCO the OLT that they are using and call up Syrotech and ask them if their ONU/ONT supports that brand’s ONT they will let you know.

I want to buy one so please guide. OLT in LCO office/BSNL office needs to be of same company? Nope!

I did the same.

Cool. I have ordered the same. However, I couldn't find the 1110WDONT on their website so I was kinda confused.