Can we use airtel 4g CPE sim card in mobile or dongle?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 20,399
ISP
Netplus
Hi, I want to know if we can use sim card given to customer along with Airtel 4g home router can be used in Mobile phones or dongles?

Can we recharge home wifi plans in any airtel 4g sim card or the sim card is special and given with only with router purchase?

@vishalrao
Anyone else whom have airtel 4g cpe connection

I had got the "data only" SIM card (no voice or SMS) with dongle initially, then bought CPE indoor router and the same SIM works in it (both Airtel branded Huawei devices)... haven't tried in mobile phone but again, note, this is data-only enabled - no voice or SMS.

When I was trying to purchase CPE router from Airtel dealers the scamsters were saying it wont work and you need to purchase NEW SIM and sign up for NEW postpaid account. After a few calls here n there searching for it one person came to my place for demo and sold me just the CPE 🙂

So to avail airtel home plans. Either i have to buy dongle or home cpe to get the data only sim card?
Or i can use airtel 4g home plans in any sim card?

Anyway I'm pretty sure (not certain though) you can use the same SIM (but SIM is full size with pre-cut micro and nano sizes in it) in dongle, CPE and mobile phone...

I am not sure if i have to buy dongle or cpe if i want to use airtel 4g home wifi plans.
Airtel website do not show these plans when i choose dongle or mobile.
5c5ae100d7.png

I guess if you call the 4G CC number (not 121) and tell them you have USB dongle or better tell them you have router (model B130s) they will enable the plans for you. Just try it even though you dont have the device - not sure if it shows up for them.

Note that it does show the current device in use in the account webpage so they can check if they want.

CC number is 18001030405 and device name/model is B310s-927

Is your sim postpaid? You got your sim card with dongle so i am guessing it was prepaid and then they convert it on postpaid, right?
Does postpaid mean you have to use their service every month and bill cycle is fixed for plans opted?
Can you change your plan yourself or you have to call cc to change plans?

I got postpaid SIM/account to start with itself, I had actually visited official Airtel store around June last year before all the 4G advertising had started - for change of my mobile SIM but casually asked status of 4G coverage in my area (because I had 4G 3-4 years ago but had cancelled it due to poor coverage) - then an engineer came for demo with CPE and dongle and since speeds were good I signed up with him then and there, provided my ID proofs etc. Account was activated within a day or two IIRC.

I guess postpaid means you need to use the service every month, I never tried to "pause" the service in between so far. Bill cycle is fixed at certain date of the month and I need to call the CC to change the plans or topup with smartbytes because plan change website is not working (smartbytes is supposed to work but this month I had to call them due to some technical issues going on according to CC)

@vishalrao Does airtel 4g home plans price shown on website is including tax or tax will be added later? For example there is plan cost 2995rs for 50GB data with 1 bill cycle. Is this 2995rs cost including tax or tax will be added later?
5600ee9ffd.png

Tax will be added later in the bill, around 15% or so I think.

So to avail airtel home plans. Either i have to buy dongle or home cpe to get the data only sim card?
Or i can use airtel 4g home plans in any sim card?
A couple of weeks back, I checked with Airtel store about a data-only SIM for my iPad. I was told that the data only SIM card can be obtained by getting a postpaid connection. You can then subscribe to the postpaid plans available. They don't give prepaid data-only SIM but I was told such SIMs will be available at retail stores like Poorvika, Unvercell etc.