Can we run DC++ and share

amithyd

can we run dc++ and share among ourselves ?

Hyderabadi

Ofcourse we can but why bother when we can get everything from some random torrent site. I can't talk for the others but it at least serves my needs.

I used to share via DC++ back in the days of Kazaa and Bearshare, it was good enough back then and would like to try it out just for the sake of it.

EDIT:
Nevermind, turns out they don't have a Linux version.

volcano619

Prononimous
Pretty much movies, games, tv shows.

We can run DC++ .?

Yess we can....
But the content you are talking are illegal to share it with others[unless and until you have a freaking copyright over it]...
We might face charges of Piracy content... :confused:

Bobbyguitarist

Yess we can....
But the content you are talking are illegal to share it with others[unless and until you have a freaking copyright over it]...
But AFAIK fivenet users have DC++ hubs right?

Hyderabadi

Yess we can....

If we were to face charges, it would have happened by now. For your ISP and the LE, the pirated stuff you are downloading from someone you know or from some stranger anywhere in the country is one and the same. In their eyes, you are stealing intellectual property.

An easier option in my opinion would be to meet somewhere in person and exchange stuff since we all are in the same city rather than depleting your precious d/l limit.

volcano619

Prononimous
If we were to face charges, it would have happened by now. For your ISP and the LE, the pirated stuff you are downloading from someone you know or from some stranger anywhere in the country is one and the same. In their eyes, you are stealing intellectual property.

An easier option in my opinion would be to meet somewhere in person and exchange stuff since we all are in the same city rather than depleting your precious d/l limit.

Ahem..!!
I didnt say you will...i said you might..
And lets not forget..torrents run on worldwide Node....
The topic DC++ which bobby is describing is on a Small Level
The chances of getting caught on a worldwide level are pretty slim i guess....
So its a whole new scenario when it comes to DC++ :confused:

----------

But AFAIK fivenet users have DC++ hubs right?

Yes...thats pretty much right...!!
That to be honest may considered as a illegal activity..if the government finds out that the content that is being distributed over the DC++ nodes has a copyright/patent of other proprietor/firm/individual/Enterprise...