Can we connect NextDNS via TLS or HTTPS on Windows 10 ?

ISP
BSNL Fiber
I use Custom Configuration for NextDNS. I had installed NextDNS Windows app. But, as it acts like a VPN, it creates issues with other apps, like "Fing" or "Your Phone App" which bridges Phone to PC. I had to uninstall it.

Netlink GPON does not have any option for configuring DNS via TLS or HTTPS.

Thankfully, in my phone, Android 10's private DNS feature works fabulously.

In Windows 10, I am using YogaDNS, it works.

But, I was wondering, Is there any way to configure NextDNS, in Windows 10, as DNS-over-TLS or using DNS-over-HTTPS natively ?

chrome_THNgwZnsBC_LI.webp

Ah not sure if there is any other way unfortunately mate, get a decent router flash OpenWRT and offload your wifi out of that Netlink

Upvote 0
Windows 10 is getting native encrypted dns support in coming months. And you can configure encrypted dns in both Chrome and Firefox which should logically remove the need to have system wide encrypted dns for most use cases.

Also from my understanding NextDNS windows app is basically a modified version of yogadns app so they should behave similarly 🤔

Upvote 0
@Sushubh Yes, browser supports encrypted DNS but I want to use NextDNS custom configuration with my custom blocklists. That is not possible through the browser. Moreover, App blocks Windows spying, telemetry etc.

The Wifi icon in the taskbar, shows no internet connectivity when NextDNS is enabled through PC app. Though, there is no problem with its functionality.

YogaDNS dont have this issues. But still, for Windows, a simple implementation like what they have done with Android 10 - Private DNS function would have been much better.

Upvote 0