Can somebody tracert to this address please ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Enix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,919
ISP
BSNL
Hello,

Since 2-3 weeks I am getting high ping to a game which I play (200+ ms). Previously I used to get 139-145 ms to that game server (heredur.drakensang.com). Upon running a tracert, I saw that after the Kolkatta vsnl hop, it goes to Chennai then to Singapore and so on, then lastly reach the game server which is in Hamburg resulting in 213 ms. Previously, after Kolkatta vsnl hop, it used to go to Mumbai then Frankfurt then Hamburg but never to Chennai or Singapore and I got 139-150 ms in the game server. I lodged a complaint to Alliance Broadband but they said they didnt change anything on their side.

Can somebody else run a tracert to heredur.drakensang.com and post back the results too please ? Also is there any thing I can do on my side to fix that ? or where can I complain if Alliance is unable to help, cuz vsnl's official website is dead..

There is a fiber cut on the undersea cable connecting India and EU so all traffic is being routed through singapore then us then eu. This issue is applicable for all ISP's using tata upstream.
Also there is no vsnl website as vsnl is tata communications since 2004-2005.
For the time being use cloudflare warp.(as they use airtel upstream)

Last edited:
@AD2011 But why it's effecting Airtel customers too?
I am getting 249ms to same heredur.drakensang.com via Airtel fiber

@AD2011 But why it's effecting Airtel customers too?
I am getting 249ms to same heredur.drakensang.com via Airtel fiber
Hmm i am also getting similar pings both on airtel and tata. Both providers are forwarding to sgp. I think this may be issue on Alibaba cloud's side.
Alibaba also uses TATA mostly so they are facing problem on their side too. I know this as I have a VPS on Alibaba.

It has been like this since 20-25th December, previously I used to get 139-150 ms via Alliance and 250-300 ms via BSNL (Complained several times to BSNL about it but they declined to fix it) :

kPGJmFn.png