Can not connect mobile wi-fi

kunal.kesari

ISP
bsnl broadband
I can not connect My Nokia e63 to the internet with help of bsnl broadband wi-fi. please help me to configure wi-fi on 192.168.1.1

Please mention your modem - model and make.1. Configure your modem in PPPoE.2. Enable DHCP in your modem.3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connections, set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

My modem model is Type 2ADSL 2+ CPE/IAD please give me instruction how to connect my Nokia e63 with wi-fi in bsnl broadband. and also help me how to configure on 192.168.1.1

Assuming the modem actually has WiFi in it, probably the problem is that the WiFi access point is set to use WPA2 encryption, as this is usually default, and it is better. However, Nokia's do not support this - unfortunately they support WEP or open only 🙁

In order to use WiFi on your phone, you will need to change your WiFi access point to use WEP encryption (despite it being worse than WPA2).

To do this, go in to your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Log in with the username and password set for the modem (default is admin and admin).

First thing you will need to do is change the modem to use PPPoE. Go to Configuration > Internet Connection

There should be a link to connect underneath "PPPoE_0_35". Click on it to connect. Check that you can get internet connection on your computer (do NOT use the dialer on your PC to connect - the modem now takes care of the connection so you no longer need this. The connection is now just "on" whenever the modem is turned on, so, as long as your network card is configured you should be able to browse without having to dial).

If all this is good, then we can continue.

Next, go to Configuration > Wireless Configuration. Enable the wireless network, select the correct country, change your network SSID to whatever you would like.

Scroll down, and change the security option to be 128-bits. Key method should be probably Hex or something (I'm not 100% sure with this modem). WEP passphrase should be exactly 13 alphanumeric characters. Click confirm.

Then go up to the top again and click on MAC Address Filter. Disable it (another counterintuative move, but this is what they suggest).

Save all the settings, let the router restart, and try connecting to the WiFi with your phone.

my modem model is AR800V v3.0.

Try this guide to configure your modem in PPPoE (similar modem).

At first, remove the encryption in the wireless page and check. You can later add encryption. I have the same modem. Strange assumption in the above post. Successfully using WPA2 on my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music.

Try this guide to configure your modem in PPPoE (similar modem).

At first, remove the encryption in the wireless page and check. You can later add encryption. I have the same modem. Strange assumption in the above post. Successfully using WPA2 on my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music.

I have a Nokia 5800 and it doesn't support WPA2. It can see the AP but it gives some error if I try to connect. I'm even using the latest firmware 52.something.

No idea, but able to use it at my home. I have always given WPA2 ( no intension to prove you wrong, just sharing my experience).

No idea, but able to use it at my home. I have always given WPA2 ( no intension to prove you wrong, just sharing my experience).

Hmm. Maybe I will try with a different AP and see how it goes on Tuesday when I have a few new gizmos arriving.

this is my wireless network settings..."i give 13 alphanumeric pass phrase"Select Profile: 802.11MIXED_LONGWireless Network: EnableSelect Country: I HAVEN'T FOUND INDIA IN IT SO I SELECT USA Channel Selection: AUTOSelect Channel: 8Network Name (SSID): Hide SSID: No Security Settings: Select Security Option: 128 BIT ENCRYPTIONWEP Authentication Mode: OpenSelect Tx Key Index: 0Select Key Method: PASS PHRASEPMK Caching: Enabled

Hmm. Maybe I will try with a different AP and see how it goes on Tuesday when I have a few new gizmos arriving.

Sure. Please do update.

this is my wireless network settings...
"i give 13 alphanumeric pass phrase"

Select Profile: 802.11MIXED_LONG
Wireless Network: Enable
Select Country: I HAVEN'T FOUND INDIA IN IT SO I SELECT USA
Channel Selection: AUTO
Select Channel: 8
Network Name (SSID):
Hide SSID: No
Security Settings:
Select Security Option: 128 BIT ENCRYPTION