Can Microsoft win the Online Music Sales War?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,004

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Microsoft gets into this particular market with the launch of Microsoft Windows Media Player 10. And the competition here is Apple’s iTunes. Very successful and damn popular. It is backed by the Walkman of portable music players: iPod. The largest selling player in the market is the primary reason why Apple iTunes is so popular because apple forbids music bought from other online stores to play on iPod. Microsoft has the same problems considering they can’t support music playing on iPod. They do support more than 70 other portable players in the market which might help them get a good chunk of the market.

Microsoft takes Apple heads on in Online Music Selling

The latest entry in the online music was is Yahoo! It bought musicmatch and got it's online store in its arsenal.... Damn where is India in this market?No where 🙁

Well, if you want to go the legal way, you are still way better off buying CDs and ripping high quality (and DRM free!) mp3s.... itunes etc. are good only for buying singles, and really just for the instant satisfaction of getting songs online without having to go to the store.....

Another thing is that many of these online stores offer music downloads not only of lower quality (128kbps) but also in proprietary formats like AAC (Apple) and ATRAC (Sony).... which is LAME.

So the best thing to do is to get a mp3 player that allows you to play mulitple formats (mp3, wma, ogg, aac, atrac etc.), and then load songs by ripping them off CDs...

and, yes, ipods suck....

itunes is a ripoff ares and limewire rock does anyone know of some indian torrent site which isint full and still taking members ? or if you are one of the admins and are willing to let me in i can seed loads of stuff @256kbps upload speed i bet you wouldnt mind letting me in 🙂