Can Indian IPTV STB work outside India

ISP
du
Hi,
Can Airtel, Reliance or any other IPTV service providers work outside india. I live in Dubai and want to use these IPTV STB.
Pls advise if its possible. I have 8MBPS connection here.
Varsha

Nope. Elaborate answer. IPTV is not Internet TV. It does not use or work over the internet. It is Internet Protocol Television. Which means it uses a similar technology to transfer the data needed for television transmission. So it requires a connection from the service provider which means it can only work where the services are available officially.

Nope. Elaborate answer. IPTV is not Internet TV. It does not use or work over the internet. It is Internet Protocol Television. Which means it uses a similar technology to transfer the data needed for television transmission. So it requires a connection from the service provider which means it can only work where the services are available officially.

Chromaniac. Although you are correct technically, there are providers that are truly on the internet such as SlingTv International which is a US Based setup. They lock down to the US region of IP's for which there is a workable solution. The question here is that has anyone tried hooking up a regular internet for an activated Airtel IPTV and seen if the connection goes through. I doubt it would as India has fair usage on most of the nets and hence Airtel wouldn't sell a product that would go over the regular internet vs. the way we have it in the US.

In any case it would be an interesting test. If anyone has Airtel IPTV and connects it to an open internet not by Airtel such as Hathway etc?

Etisalat in UAE is IPTV and its the same connection that comes home through Fiber. However their boxes won't activate on an open internet. Its locked down by a separate subnet