Can I Watch The Downloaded Avi On Tv Via Dvd Player?

• Thread starter Thread starter hsudha3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,761

hsudha3

I would like to know, if any one has split a .avi file > 700 mb into two RW CDs and watched them on tv, via the dvd player(with no mp4 facility). or, has converted it into a different format, to fit into one Cd for the same purposeAnd if so, which software...also does windows xp does it automatic!

yes u can, but ur dvd player should be mpeg 4 compatible

yes you can watch a 120 minute film(2 hrs) in one CD .
its called kvcd and surf FAQ for information about ur DVD player support.
see www.kvcd.net for further information.

thanx sundar. i'll check up kvcd. i wonder if they give the splitter i wud need, to split my files.to all others: as i said, my player does not support mp4, and i think codecs are for comp. dvd player software, not tv's dvd player

hhhmmm try using winmpg converter.. btw this is in the wrong section on the forum.. it shud be in the software section..

QUOTE(sify_hacker @ Sep 7 2006, 06:35 AM) [snapback]61422[/snapback]
yes u can dude...

now a dayzz every DVD Player comezz wit Divx certified...Codec..huh
[/b]

Sify_hacker is right. Check if your DVD player is Divx compatible

Thanx everybody. I have resolved the issue of watching downloaded files on tv... without the hassles of splitting and writing to cd.If anyone is interested, my solution finally was to simply buy the s-video cable for my nvidia geforce fx5200 graphics card. They have put new drivers, with nice control panels and the support manuals for installation on their site. Had to download, and install it. 😀 The great thing is, the computer also is available for other activities. It is as if I have two monitors attached now and can drag and drop windows needing monitoring to the tv screen , with just a mouse movement and can keep working on computer, without cluttering the screen.

^ happy that you could resolve it .
& thanks for the info . all the best .