Can I use wireless router with Reliance JioGigaFiber Rs. 1500 ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 12,667
@MSR Murthy the voip service is working , they did gave me a unique landline number and calling is free pan india . However that being said i am never using a landline again.

I would be happy to do any network speed tests you want, just send me the link to the webside . I am only familiar with fast.com

i have downloaded >70GB in less than 24 hours of activation

Source

Source

Source

speed test were done on a a PC, its a very old pc connected to the internet via Ethernet

specs : intel i5 2500k
gtx 660

SpeedTests are pathetic.

@Evilbrain Netvelocity by jio is another android app which gives lot of info about the connection in addition to speed.

A test result with NetVelocity showed for me SNR does not show any value (very low).

SpeedTests are pathetic.

for most normie , tech illiterate indians its more than enough .

Maybe pings will get better with time, but who am i kidding ? It probably will go to shit once it launches commercially, much like how i used to get around 70mbps when i first bought a jio 4g sim with a lyf mobile and nowadays you know how it is! sigh

Test result attached.
wZkgsZF.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
jio has lay down their fiber near my house and i can get connection now. I can't decide. Which modem should i go with. I would go with 1500rs ONT but i am not sure if that modem will deliver the same speed and latency same as 4500rs modem. I will use my own router with it. The thing important for me is speed & latency via lan port.

yeah. as long as they have gigabit ethernet port, they should logically perform the same on wired. unless the SoCs are not powerful enough to handle high speeds which seems unlikely these days.

What is the model No. Of new Rs 2500 Black colour Jio GigaFiber ONT (Single 2.4Ghz band) WiFi router?
[NOTE:- Don't confuse with Black colour dual bands 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz ONT WiFi router whose price is Rs4500 and model number is JCO300].

What is the model No. Of new Rs 2500 Black colour Jio GigaFiber ONT (Single 2.4Ghz band) WiFi router?
[NOTE:- Don't confuse with Black colour dual bands 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz ONT WiFi router whose price is Rs4500 and model number is JCO300].
HG modem stand for Huawei. What company JCO series stand for?
It's full model no. HGW WU JCO300, where JCO may be related to product.

By the way, What is the model No. of new Rs 2500 Black colour Jio GigaFiber ONT (Single 2.4Ghz band) WiFi router?