Can I use wireless router with Reliance JioGigaFiber Rs. 1500 ONT

Sushubh

Administrator
i believe you would need to enter the ethernet cable coming from the jiofiber ont box to one of the lan ports (not wan ports) and then configure dhcp on the wireless router?

Evilbrain

in my navite i thought i just had to plug the ethernet cable to my dlink router and i will get wifi .. darn it

hopefully i will figure how to make this thing work soon

ps: internet speed so far has been niceee

first time using anything above 40mbps :p

intitially when the dude left after installing the modem , i faced 2 disconnections back to back , but the connection has been stable for a few hours now ( as it should)

if anyone have any questions of sort

btw i am in jaipur , rajasthan

Deb_1

@Evilbrain please share the router login page details... to add a new wifi router it needs to be in access point mode.

webie

@Deb_1 I think he has adsl model router, not just router. It won't have that mode. All he needs to do is change the router access IP , as same as the IP given by JIO.

@Evilbrain here are the steps :

Connect laptop/pc to jio modem thru LAN, check the IP and gateway, let's say it's 192.168.0.1 gateway on the modem.

Now change your router access IP to 192.168.0.70
Config router DHCP range to 192.168.0.71 to 192.168.0.150 let's say? gateway on the model/router will be 192.168.0.1 DNS will be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.70. Same thing. Put the modem/router to Dynamic IP mode. Now, reboot both modem and modem/router.

It will work. now. PM me or mention me here if you face difficulties. If you do, please do mention the IP's given by Jio modem and IP access of modem/router so that I can be exact.

Evilbrain

@webie for some reason i am not able to pm you bruh!

the jio router log in address in 192.168.29.1

the d link router log in address is 192.168.1.1

Evilbrain

the jio modem i have right now has 2 ethernet ports . ok ?

1 is going into my cpu

and another is going into that d link modem

now what ? T_T