Can I use Tata Photon Plus or Reliance Netconnect with a unlocked Data Card

• Thread starter Thread starter cage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 19,183

cage

ISP
BSNL
I have one Vodafone Datacard K3570Z which is unlocked so I can use any SIM. Can I use Tata Photon Plus or Relieance Netconnect with this data card without using their own data card and opt for the prepaid plans offered by them? Any suggestions? Please help! Thanks in advance

yup I think so..but wait for someone who is using this to reply back 🙂

mdheeraj86 is absolutely correct. Huawei K3570Z is a 3G/GSM Data Card. Though its unlocked it will work with all GSM Operatiors Sim Card, but Tata Photon and reliance Netconnect are CDMA Services. So they will work only with Open Market CDMA Data Cards.

reliance also has gsm sims... tata also has gsm sims.... atleast in mumbai !!

Yes, but cage is specifically asking for Photon and Netconnect. Both these products are CDMA Based. Tata GSM is DoCoMo and Reliance 3G is the actual GSM terminology 🙂

yes.. i also was confused with their names.... long back I had figured that reliance cdma plans were far cheaper than the reliance gsm plans in 3G speeds...

he he. They are equally confusing like Dolphin, Trumph, Garud . lol 😛

yes garuda was a disaster...in fact all cdma were disaster bcz of simple reason of locking the handset to the service provider !now things may change.

Thanks for all your response. In that case, my question will be - which GSM based network and prepaid plan I can choose? to use internet with my data card when I am travelling outside - say for 7-10 days. My next trip is to Haryana/ Punjab