Can I use other modems for BSNL broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter manickaraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 13,841

manickaraj

ISP
no
Hi everybody,I have Airtel's Beetel modem + ADSL . Could I use this one for BSNL broadband connection. Thanks in advance'Manickaraj M

Of course you can. Just change the VPI/VCI tp 0/35 for BSNL.

Thanks very much for your reply. Hey I am new to this techno words VPI/VCI and 0/35. Can u plz be explained. ThanksManickaraj

Go to 192.168.1.1. Select the WAN set up menu. I think beetel model already has 0/35 values saved. Select it and restart modem.

Sorry to again ask you.....
Go to 192.168.1.1......... Here u mean to say that to open the "Local area connection" window or somthing else..

Thanks
Manickaraj

Connect the Beetel modem to the Ethernet port of your PC. Open IE/Firefox and type in '192.168.1.1' in the address bar of the browser. This will open up the home page of the modem. Use the default username/password of admin/admin and log in. Then follow the other steps. I hope im right. 😉

hi i am having reliance netconnect zte mg880 modem and connection . but i heard that bsnl is giving cdma wireless connection @250/month. can i use my reliance cdma usb modem to get connection frm bsnl so that i can avoid purchase of new modem.also can i use bsnl cdma netconnect(144kpbs) all india by purchasing it frm kerala and providing my home address for billing.