Can I use Nokia G-140W-F as a wireless repeater?

• Thread starter Thread starter mufazzal123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 25,574
ISP
Airtel Xfiber
Hello guys,
After all these new plans and my present subscription ending tomorrow, I thought it is better to get a new Airtel subscription and with it a new router and all.
Both myself and wife have desktops for our WFH (sadly no laptops). It is far away from my airtel router so can't use LAN also I didn't want lots of wires lying around in the house. Presently I am using my old TP-Link router as a repeater. It takes the wifi as in and we take the out from the Lan ports it has. We get decent speeds but it only recognizes the 2.4G band.

So now I come to my Main question :
As I would be having my present Nokia Router as spare, can I configure it the same way as my tplink router. The plus side being it can take in the 5G band.
Thanks in advance

Which Router did Airtel provide you with in the new subscription?

Also, it would be nice if you provided the model name for the TP-Link AP.

Upvote 0
Hello Friends,

I have a G-140W-F router and I am currently not using it. Is it possible to using it as Wifi Repeater?

I do not see any WAN Ethernet port.

Please reply back if you have any info about it.

Regards,

Farukh

Upvote 0
I too have a spare Nokia ont g-140w-f, but my connection does not support it. I want to use it as extender. The router doesnt have Ethernet WAN port, so was think if someone as any workaround to use the router as wifi extender. Any help would really be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Yes it is possible but only via Wired connection i have done. it

Airtel provided Nokia G-140W-F always its IP address of 1 ie 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

this what you can do
Assuming your IP address is 192.168.0.x

in your Main router
1) Change your main router IP address to 192.168.0.2
2) Enable DHCP and set IP range from 192.168.03 to 192.168.0.254

in your Nokia Router
1) Set Router IP address to 192.168.0.1
2) set Default gateway to 192.168.0.2
2) set DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

Connect any Lan port from main router to Lan port of nokia router.

Upvote 0