Can i use my tata vsnl broadband over a ZXDSL 531B modem?

• Thread starter Thread starter harshree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,800
Status
Not open for further replies.

harshree

ISP
TATA VSNL
hi,I have a ZXDSL 531B modem from a previous BSNL broadband connection. Right now i am using Tata VSNL wired internet to access the internet. However i would like to know if i can use the ZXDSL with Tata VSNL. I have a laptop and i would be more than glad if i could use my tata vsnl connection as wifi over the laptop. I would be grtaeful if someone can please help me out. Thanks in advance.

For moderm settings see similar modem/wifi router sticky post in BSNl forum for WA 3002-G4.Mention the adsl modem you use for tata VSNL.

For moderm settings see similar modem/wifi router
sticky post in BSNl forum for WA 3002-G4.
Mention the adsl modem you use for tata VSNL.

hi
Thanks for the reply. Tata VSNL has provided me with a Billion ADSL Router. I am not sure of the router configurations but i need to put some manual settings under TCP/IP in Network Preferences. That is how i connect to the internet. However, i tried using the ZXDSL modem with my wired connection and it works without a problem.( i just resetted the modem once) However i have problems with the wifi. My laptop can connect to the wifi but i simply cannot open up any website. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.