can i use my computer for watching tv

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,483
As the outputs to computer and tv are different, is it possible to connect both pc and tv and watch on both?

Dear Tech_enthu,

I agree the output of both computer and tv are different but they have provision in their VGA box to connect with both tv and computer. The only thing we have to do is just plug in and plug out. rest will be done by VGA box.

whats the use of VGA thing if u cant work and listen. instead its better to invest on tv tuner card where u can work and listen.

Dear Tech_enthu,

I agree the output of both computer and tv are different but they have provision in their VGA box to connect with both tv and computer. The only thing we have to do is just plug in and plug out. rest will be done by VGA box.

Can we watch different channels in the tv and pc or both show the same? Why I am asking this, STB with PVR has the provision to record a different channel than the one you are watching.

Dear Tech_enthu, Here by using VGA BOX you can watch same channels on computer and tv that is if connect it with computer ot tv you can watch only those channels that you have subscribed to. foe ex if you have taken MAXI package then you will be able to watch all 170 channels under that package on both tv and on computers.

Hi all,
Guyz thanks for your replies and suggestion about this. Just want to share some information on this .....i have check the new product lauched by DISH TV ....VGA BOX....says distv on computer i am giving you some details about this product....i really found this product very useful and really enthusiatic about this very soon i am going to see a demo of this at my deales point........useful information...............

Dish tv on computers....... I have checked details on their website »DishTV - India's first DTH Entertainment Digital Picture and Satellite TV Services India. And really after reading and seeing this i am very much exited about this Product . Just thinking watching tv on my personal computer same as i watch channels on my tv and that too with great quality picture and Sound. Here are a few details i would like share with you: First of its kind in the country : No other DTH provider in India is offering any parallel service.
what this Product Offer: It offers a unique experience – the experience of Live TV on Computer.i.e. 170 channels, Active services, MOD, gaming, EPG, et all… whatever dishtv offers on Television; now all on Computer !And dual advantage: STB can also function with Television. that is the same set box can be connected to TV as well as with your computer . incase if any thing went wrong with computer than also you can watch Dish tv and your favourite progams by connecting it to regular tv.
Application: It’s working is very similar to that of regular dishtv stb – dish needs to be facing a particular direction and stb needs to be connected to PC.
Specifications: The connection has no effect on working of the computer, there are two modes one connected to the STB and other to the CPU. Switching between two modes can be done at the touch of a button. ie while doing your work on computer you can switch to tv without shuting down the computer or without even closing down your files. and just with one button you can switch from computer to tv and from tv to computer.
Cost Factor: the normal CPE is today at 3150, …the dishtv on Computer will be at 4150 ie only thousand bucks more. So guyz what do you think about this product isn't it great and of its kind only.

well Thanks Jonny for the information just want to ask one thing if any body can have this info..... will i be able to upgrade this from my current dish tv set top box and if so what are the charges and after this will i be able to continue watching my current package or i have to recharge it and then only i be able to watch it.........i am asking for this is because i found its really cool product and i am exicted to have this one.

I have the same question as Neo001...

Dear Neo001 and Amuthan, Till Now there is no option for upgradation from current STB to VGA Box. you have to puchase new one . might in near future they will come up with this Scheme. but till now you can not.

Thanks jonny for update about VGA Box....after reading the information i found it to be excellent and now i am really excited about this product.

Hi Friends, Today i have the demo of this product at my dealer's point and it was really good with exceptional picture quality and easy to use and the best part is by clicking one button you can watch tv on computer and by clicking the same again you will resume to your work on computer.....

I used TV Tuner card ... input to card was from STB's composite output. But if I tried to use the TV along with computer then I got same channels on both as channel change was done from STB (same to both TV and Computer). I used a splitter to split signals in to two one to TV and other to Computer's TV Tuner Card.

I used TV Tuner card ... input to card was from STB's composite output.
But if I tried to use the TV along with computer then I got same channels on both as channel change was done from STB (same to both TV and Computer). I used a splitter to split signals in to two one to TV and other to Computer's TV Tuner Card.
Dear Prankster,
In this case you will be able to watch same channels on both and if you change channel on one the same will be changed in other also that means you will be able to watch same channel on both .....further using splitter to split signal ...i think it will not work with this.