Can i use jio sim in other mobile handsets?

I have read reports that JIO sims activated using Samsung preview offer codes can be used in any compatible 4G LTE handset. But that handset must support VoLTE otherwise you cannot make calls.

Similar offer is expected to come on iPhone 6, 6S, Plus and SE models this week.

I read somewhere that the Apple offer has been put on hold, because iPhones use single sim and users will never give up their original numbers for a new jio number. They would do so after the commercial launch and/or MNP kicks in.

Samsung users who got the preview offer are using jio sim in secondary slot.

Hope I am wrong...eagerly waiting for the "Jio iPhone Offer"

Guys got a Jio Sim using Samsung offer. Was using it on Redmi note 3 all fine, but after exhausting 2GB of data Unlimited preview offer is not getting activated. Any others faced this problem?

did you install the 4 apps and click on preview ?

Refer this thread : How to use Reliance Jio on your Samsung Smartphone

activate sim by calling 1977. then you will get 2 gb and 100 min. then on the mobile from which code is generated, open my jio app. it will popup for 4 no. apps install and a submit buton initially all the 4 no. apps are faded as u havent installed. install 4 apps from play store. then all 4 apps bexome brighter and the submit button also activated. click submit button and u wll get unlimited offer for 3 months.

I have an Airtel 4G home wifi "CPE/router" device with Airtel 4G data SIM currently. When I put the device on manual mode it shows Jio network but "forbidden" - does this mean the device itself is locked to Airtel network or just because the SIM is Airtel it shows "forbidden"?

(Reason why I'm asking is because I might try getting a Jio SIM to see if 4G data might work here in Pune and if I get good speeds 🙂)

To the best of my knowledge Airtel devices are network locked. Insert some other sim like Vodafone or Idea, you'll have your answer.

Yeah I guess I'll have to try it myself but was wondering if anyone knows if detecting JIO network in the list but displaying "forbidden" means that the device is locked or not? 🙂

Forbidden means you have no access to that network,it shouldn't necessarily mean that it's locked or anything..but I assume the router is locked anyway..

Yeah I guess I'll have to try it myself but was wondering if anyone knows if detecting JIO network in the list but displaying "forbidden" means that the device is locked or not? 🙂
No your router is not locked. Its showing forbidden because it has Airtel SIM in it. The same is the case with mobile phones. They show forbidden networks for most other carriers. Try putting other SIM, then it will show forbidden in Airtel too, but allowed for the SIM being used.

I got my hands on Jio Sim today at Gurgaona through a hack which I found online which mentioned how to get Jio sim for other 4G phones as well . I use OnePlus One. The store guy said it will take 3-4 days to be activated !!! Very unusual and lengthy onboarding time.

I have an Airtel 4G home wifi "CPE/router" device with Airtel 4G data SIM currently. When I put the device on manual mode it shows Jio network but "forbidden" - does this mean the device itself is locked to Airtel network or just because the SIM is Airtel it shows "forbidden"?

(Reason why I'm asking is because I might try getting a Jio SIM to see if 4G data might work here in Pune and if I get good speeds 🙂)
Jio data is working in my Airtel wifi hotspot E5573s-606 which I have unlocked following internet tutorial. It does not have Band 5 but it catches good signal on Band 3.