Can i use jio sim in other mobile handsets?

only lyf handset as of now.. after free unlimited u can use in any set

Right now, is there a way to activate/recharge a paid plan and use that? (I want to use Jio's 4G, but not their handset).

use the handset as a mobile hotspot. no one is asking you to use it as a phone.

No, I do not want to carry 2 handsets; I would rather wait. By the way, you didn't answer my question.

I am not sure what the question is. The core issue is answered in post no. 2. You cannot use Jio without Lyf handsets right now.

using a wifi hotspot. if you are still confused... find that source and get more info from the writer of that somewhere on how he is using jio without lyf. because no one here would be able to guide you.

I am not sure what the question is. The core issue is answered in post no. 2. You cannot use Jio without Lyf handsets right now.

The question is clearly mentioned in my post.
"Right now, is there a way to activate/recharge a paid plan and use that? (I want to use Jio's 4G, but not their handset)."

I am aware of Post number 2, I was checking to see if the situation has changed. I am also aware that initially people were able to recharge and activate other plans, too.

most of the responses on this thread make no sense. either they have employee sims and have no idea that they are different from consumer sims or people on this forum are complete idiots. one of the responses at the bottom from a company representative is however accurate.

edBTYf.png

now it's your choice who to believe.

Employee sims are working on different handset.
For Jio sim purchased along with LYF handset no such recharges are possible.

In order to use such Jio preview sims, the only option is to change the IMEI of your personal handset to the one mentioned on the bundled LYF handset. But that process is illegal.