can i use co-axial cable to improve snr

ISP
bsnl
copper wire from pole to my splitter is joined at two places.phone line is always noisy.snr downsteam 5.2 db and upstream 28.4 db.data rate downstream 1588 kbps and upstream 252kbps. line attenuation downstream 53 db and upstream 10 db. recently changed to BB ULD 950 plan but never got 4mbps speed. maximum download speed 50 to 60 kb on good torrents. complained at local exchange for changing the wire. but the r not listening.so i have decided to go with my own.can i use a co-axial cable to replace the old bsnl copper wire from the pole to my splitter? will it protect from interference and improve snr value? pls advice me

Nope. Co-ax will not work. Buy a good quality copper wire and use that instead.

also make sure it is not running near a HVAC line.HVAC creates magnetic and electric fields around it and any communication line,even a low frequency one like telephone can get affected.

If that noise generate from your telephone line ( from pole to your receiver ) then after replacement of that old cable with new one will rectify your problem. co-axial will be good if both wire ( inside the plastic cover ) made with copper, but it is not. So if you want to use more good quality copper wire then use CAT-6 cable. But it will cost higher then the normal telephone cable.

And yes cat5 cable will last long really long. 😀 using same since 2005 when bsnl launched bb. So get cat6 cable as it will also minimize the crosstalk and interference.