Can i use airtel set-up box for dd direct+ dish

• Thread starter Thread starter murugan_emp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,257

murugan_emp

ISP
LAN
I have Airtel Digital TV Set-up box. Can I watch the DD Direct+ channels in Airtel Set-up Box using another dish. If yes Please guide me

I have Airtel Digital TV Set-up box. Can I watch the DD Direct+ channels in Airtel Set-up Box using another dish. If yes Please guide me
Simple and straight answer is NO
coz, TRAI is sleeping like Kumbhkarna:isleep:, and public is crying 😢

Well, TRAI did say a couple of years back that STBs need to be inter-operable. It is another thing that no one takes TRAI seriously.

.... It is another thing that no one takes TRAI seriously.
If TRAI is strong and takes action promptly all will obey its words. But where TRAI is acting like a c_akka all DTH operators are enjoying. 😡
When lion sleeps, deers dance.

well, I think its the other way round!U can use any dish but only dd direct+ stb. am i right, people?

TRAI is nothing less than a sleeping beauty (I am hunting for the person who named it as a Telecom Watch Dog, may be you can call it a sick dog).. the DTH industry is expanding subscriber base at the rate of 2 million+ per annum & an inter-operable condition was supposed to be in the standarad licensing conditions prior to subscriber acquisition.TRAI is still only discussing inter-operable & yet to enforce / implement universal STB access (interoperable) rules after a subscriber count of well over 5 million +. More the delay more subscriber grows & DTH companies get lame excuses / reasons for not implementing interoperability citing reasons like STB upgradation costing 1000+ crores, subsidised stb BOXES, absence of technical guideliness of STB etc..Gandhiji's three monkeys (hear no evil, speak no evil, Talk no evil) finds a permanent berth in TRAI who boasts to be consumer friendly but eventually neither it is consumer friendly nor operator friendly.. why the hell do we require TRAI then? :wall::redface::madness:

Actuall there is inter operatable between tata and dish only i guess

DishTV, Tata Sky seek govt help on Trai move

Interesting link, because at the end it quotes Tata Sky saying 'We spent $4-5 on the upgrade'. Now that's an interesting point. Which should mean that atleast switching to Dish should be hassle free.

TRAI is nothing less than a sleeping beauty (I am hunting for the person who named it as a Telecom Watch Dog, may be you can call it a sick dog)..

It is neither watch dog, nor sick dog. It is just a dog, 100% dog. And that's how the operators treat TRAI when it comes up with some suggestion - they shoo it away.