Can I sell old Technicolor router from Hathway?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,934

nevillek

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband/Hathway
I have the Technicolor TC7200.d1l router from an old Hathway connection. Not sure if I can sell it on OLX or something, and if yes, what's a good price? Is it like a normal router that can work with other internet connections?

Make sure that its not owned by hathway. Most ISP provide routers but you need to give it back to them if u stop using it.

How do I know if it's owned by Hathway or not? Also, they never asked back for it once I stopped using. It's been 2+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh 2+ years... may be then you can do whatever.

It's the most stupid router/modem they have sold to the people. If you see a thread on IBF, someone even made a caution thread to not to take this modem from Hathway.

Secondly, Hathway gives modem for free whenever you take the connection so I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in buying it.

You can always try to sell though.

By the way, Techincolor might be locked with Hathway's network only. Check that too.

It's the most stupid router/modem they have sold to the people. If you see a thread on IBF, someone even made a caution thread to not to take this modem from Hathway.

Secondly, Hathway gives modem for free whenever you take the connection so I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in buying it.

You can always try to sell though.

By the way, Techincolor might be locked with Hathway's network only. Check that too.

How to check?

What's the cable companies are using now in terms of technology?
Docsis 3.1 is what companies have adopted in US and EU. It is capable of downstreaming 10Gbps and is more power efficient.
Upgradration of Infrastructure costs a lot so i don't think that there is a company in india who has adopted it. Even hathway is going fiber in newer areas.
I read few weeks ago that even comcast in US has still not upgraded to 3.1 in all their regions.