Can I sell old Technicolor router from Hathway?

nevillek

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 15, 2011
Mumbai
I have the Technicolor TC7200.d1l router from an old Hathway connection. Not sure if I can sell it on OLX or something, and if yes, what's a good price? Is it like a normal router that can work with other internet connections?

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Make sure that its not owned by hathway. Most ISP provide routers but you need to give it back to them if u stop using it.

nevillek

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 15, 2011
Mumbai
How do I know if it's owned by Hathway or not? Also, they never asked back for it once I stopped using. It's been 2+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
It's the most stupid router/modem they have sold to the people. If you see a thread on IBF, someone even made a caution thread to not to take this modem from Hathway.

Secondly, Hathway gives modem for free whenever you take the connection so I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in buying it.

You can always try to sell though.

By the way, Techincolor might be locked with Hathway's network only. Check that too.

nevillek

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 15, 2011
Mumbai
It's the most stupid router/modem they have sold to the people. If you see a thread on IBF, someone even made a caution thread to not to take this modem from Hathway.

Secondly, Hathway gives modem for free whenever you take the connection so I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in buying it.

You can always try to sell though.

By the way, Techincolor might be locked with Hathway's network only. Check that too.
How to check?