• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,047
Status
Not open for further replies.

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,I have been using Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf USB modem for surfing the net for more than a year now and the speed is pathetic to say the least. They say it has 153 kbps speed which is a lie and does not touch any where near that.I want to change to Tata Photon Plus or Photon Pro modem as they seem to offer good speed of 3.1 mbps. What to do with the old Plug 2 Surf modem? Can I sell it or exchange it for a new one ie Photon Plus or Photon Pro to a Tata Indicom agent or someone else? I have a pre-paid plan and I generally recharge my Pluf 2 Surf modem only when I feel the need to do so with a 801 rupees 30 day unlimited usage. So I do not have a post-paid bill headache to deal with. I am confused here, please help. Please tell me your experiences with the Photon Plus and Photon Pro modem with so called 3.1 mbps speeds as to what average download speeds you get with these 2 modems.

Hi,

I have been using Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf USB modem for surfing the net for more than a year now and the speed is pathetic to say the least. They say it has 153 kbps speed which is a lie and does not touch any where near that.

I want to change to Tata Photon Plus or Photon Pro modem as they seem to offer good speed of 3.1 mbps. What to do with the old Plug 2 Surf modem? Can I sell it or exchange it for a new one ie Photon Plus or Photon Pro to a Tata Indicom agent or someone else? I have a pre-paid plan and I generally recharge my Pluf 2 Surf modem only when I feel the need to do so with a 801 rupees 30 day unlimited usage. So I do not have a post-paid bill headache to deal with.

I am confused here, please help. Please tell me your experiences with the Photon Plus and Photon Pro modem with so called 3.1 mbps speeds as to what average download speeds you get with these 2 modems.

Hi, you can upgrade the present modem to Photon+, for which you need to visit Tata Indicom outlet.

Hi, you can upgrade the present modem to Photon+, for which you need to visit Tata Indicom outlet.

Well, I know that, but what to do with the old modem then? Thanks

Well, I know that, but what to do with the old modem then? Thanks

Hi,the old modem will be taken by the outlet and you will be given discount of approx Rs.1000/- on the new Photon+ device...

Hi,the old modem will be taken by the outlet and you will be given discount of approx Rs.1000/- on the new Photon+ device...

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Are you sure that I can give the old Plug 2 Surf modem (Tata Photon Whiz as some call it) to the Tata agent and buy the new Tata Phonot Plus for a discount of Rs. 1000? I need some concrete info on this, if you can please. Thanks a lot. Right now the Photon Plus modem is sold for Rs. 2400 so I will have to pay only 1400 as per your reply. would like th hear from people who have exchanged these two modems. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Exchange your existing Tata Photon Whiz for a new Tata Photon Plus device at Rs. 2000/-

TATA Photon+ Usb Modem

Has anybody used Tata Photon Plus in Pune, Baroda, Surat and Mumbai? I tend to visit these cities a lot, please let me know. The for cities is quite long on the site, here it is

Tata Photon Plus service is available in the following cities : Agartala, Aizawal, Ahmedabad, ,Ankleshwar, Baddi, Bangalore, Baroda,...........

Status
Not open for further replies.