Can I opt for two accounts on a single connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter sandy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,375
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy84

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom 4mbps NU
I am having Tata BB for almost 3 yrs. now. They have provided a wired connection. I am currently using Super Flash 75 plan (4 mbps + NU). As there is also need to browse internet during day time, the usage limit is getting exhausted much quicker. Can I ask them to provide me with another account (unlimited usage) with less speed (say 384/512 kbps) on the same line? I don't need an extra line to be drawn as I have one already? Can I use two different user names after that to login for the same connection? I will use unlimited on in day time and NU after 9 pm.Has anybody already done this? Does Tata BB allow this?

which TATA broadband are you using.TATA TTML ADSL or TATA wimax.I am using TATA TTML,so i can talk about it.Have you ever checked your router settings,inside the router settings are your TATA account username and password.You can book for a new account,when you are using in the daytime,you can chnage the username to the new account and in the night change back to ur unlimited account.You can do this manually.They have a Rs.500 registration and Installation charge.Ask them or order them to not install it and if they can reduce the cost of registration.You can make excuses like you already have a line which you want a new account on,the sales exectives don't know anything about this or something else

I am using ADSL broadband. But they have provided a dedicated line to my home (not using the BSNL line).I don't think router contain the settings for user name and password. I will check that when I get back home. I use 'Connect to the internet' shortcut to start the internet. I need to provide user name and password in that dialog.

I am using ADSL broadband. But they have provided a dedicated line to my home (not using the BSNL line).

I don't think router contain the settings for user name and password. I will check that when I get back home. I use 'Connect to the internet' shortcut to start the internet. I need to provide user name and password in that dialog.

why would you even mention BSNL when talking about TATA?

I don't have any dialup thing,its always on internet.

Anyways if you use dialup then it will be more easy,get a new account and then switch between the 2 accounts wherever you want and tell them not to install anything.They anyways won't be doing it as they will be doing some kind of a router or diving the line thing.

^^ I mentioned BSNL because in Pune, Tata provides broadband in some areas via BSNL lines.So for having always on internet, do you need to have different type of modem/router? As you have guessed right, I need to dial up using my user name and password to connect to internet.

^^ I mentioned BSNL because in Pune, Tata provides broadband in some areas via BSNL lines.
So for having always on internet, do you need to have different type of modem/router? As you have guessed right, I need to dial up using my user name and password to connect to internet.

I CAN'T QUITE understand your situation.

my TATA connection is always on and requires no dialup.My router has my setting and whenever i put on my PC,no dialup is required.

you seem to have a PPPOE or something like that.Try accesing your router settings thrrought your browser,see if you can set ur username and password in it so that it automatically dials it for you.

if not then leave it,just get a new account name and dial it manually through dialup in the morning and then your original plan in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.