can i never set up an ftp

srikanthmsp

ISP
Dataone
can i never set up an ftp server which i accessivble from outsudemy friend r fettin request timed out when they r tryin to access .i didnt know how to use no-ipanyone suggest me aof anything else for settin an fto server no probs with ips i can update then regurarly

I have tried settin up FTP sevrer thru no-ip . com service and it wrks.for ftp server try usin serv-u FTP server. and enable dynamic DNS and refer to the domain name thta u specified at no-ip 🙂

wht no-ip , just call sify up & make them open port 21 , tell them you want to run an ftp, run servu , ure ip will be dynamic, but i guess u & ure frnd can comunicate via instant messenger for the ip .

If you have XP SP2 or an OS with a software firewall, either try creatin a rule for ftp or disable the firewall for timebeing just to check whether its blockin the port.I have setup IIS for my connection, sify isn't blockin port 21 for me though.

i use McAfee Personal Firewall Plus where do i confiure itcan someone help me with thisi got my port 21 opened