ISP
Airtel
Downstream Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis): On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 126 192
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 150 101
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 180 124
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 22,824 1,216

Till a few days back my downstream snr was almost around 18dB and attainable rate was hovering near 26000kbps, past few days its fallen to 12.5-13dB.
Also, my snr margin with my earlier data one modem/router was 7.5-8dB downstream and around 12 for upstream.Changing to w8968 definitely helped, but just confused as to why it's fallen by almost 30% in the last few days.Any tips to make it around 18dB again? Or is it something from their end?
Present speed is 8mbps and provider is Airtel.Will 16mbps be possible?They say its not available in my area.

Yes. 16 mbps is possible. Might not be available due to capacity constraints.

Thanks.Any tips to increase the snr margin to its previous high? BTW can the line be considered good?
Your line quality has deteriorated. The only way to increase SNR margin is by thoroughly checking the outside plant. All the way from the drop to their box. Only a technician can do it.

What should I do? Its still perfectly usable. So what should I tell them? That it's working fine but still come and check it? Also could you please tell me the reasons as to which this sudden deterioration has happened??

Could be anything really. From your place to the pair box or even beyond. Is the line from the pair box to your house concealed?

Concealed as in totally covered? I haven't really seen it but as far as I know, they pull a wire from the footpath and it comes in through my window,which is around say 50m away. I don't think it's concealed afaik