Can I Connect More Than 1 Computer In Home Unlimited?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,053
As many as you want.You will need to buy a hub (comes for 800 Rs I guess) since modems generally have only one port.

^ legally speaking, dataone unlimited is for single computer . even if we can connect it to more than 1 computer , the speed is shared among the connections .

not exactly...they ask u to not use as cafe or something...for home purpose, u can use as many u want...

from BSNL Dataone FAQ
I want to connect more than one computer to my Broadband line to share my internet connection. How do I do this?
Yes, if you choose the right broadband plan, you would be permitted to connect more than one computer. However, all the users will share the bandwidth allocated to you. [/b]

at present , all dataone home plan connections are for single user only !

256 kbps bandwidth can be shared comfortably by 3 - 5 PCs as long as all users play nice (e.g. no online radio, prOn or downloads). Mostly that translates to Small office setup. It can be shared since not all users will open web pages at the same time, law of averages will distribute use actions nicely within a 10 - 20 seconds window. I share my MTNL connection between a PC and Laptop and user experience (while) is just like a single PC situation.