Can I Complain About This Bill?

• Thread starter Thread starter planemad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,829

planemad

i got my bsnl500 connection on 12 april, when i got my bill i found that i have been charged 418 for extra useage. these were the details:GU 997FU 649NU 348just then i realised that the fools had capped me at 649 instead of 1gb as i got the connection in the middle of the month. ok, i cant argue with that, but dont you think its wrong on bsnl's part to charge their users without informing them about that months b/w limit? neither do they mention anything on their crappy portal.I already talked to the local accounts officer (chennai) who slammed the phone saying that its the customers duty to find out the limit and i cant help you, bsnl bill is correct.also sent a billing complaint on the chennaitelephones site, but after 1 week not even an acknowledgement of the complaint :angry: you think i should go and meet the commercial officer, or would that be a waste of time and it would be better if i paid the bill and kept my mouth shut?

there is no use in complaining about it . BSNL should have provided the clear details about the downloading limits (on prorata basis) .

As you got your connection on April 12, you will not be given 1GB limit (in this case BSNL capped it on 649). Also make sure that your bill does not charge you Rs500 for the month of April. If you have been charged Rs500 and the usage has been capped then you should complain. If you want you can seek a clarification from BSNL itself.

Actually, How do they charge us???For example if you connect and use just 200KB and then disconnect, will it be charged as 1 MB or just what I have used? What I am trying to ask is whether they charge with 1 MB pulse or just the Usage KB of that session?