Can I check/change my CKYC details online?

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 3,361

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Can I check my CKYC details online? The details are entered by a mutual fund, bank or some other financial institution.
Mine was entered by a bank recently when I gave my details for kyc, I got the sms from the central registry as well as the Bank. But I did not get the email with the attached certificate. When I checked with the Bank they said the email id was 'not entered'. They also said it's been done now but I still have not received the email. The Bank is far from my home & v inconvenient to visit it hence my query.

😞 68 views no answer 😣

👍 Thanks. I only wanted to get that email with the attached certificate (basically a print of the filled out form on their letterhead). The branch where this was done is far from my house. Sadly we have no control on what they enter on your behalf that's what bugs me. They claimed to have 'not entered my email'. (Wonder how the record was accepted) Imagine what would happen if everyone were to access this 'new changed information!!!!!

Last edited:
Today I called up the Bank which started this ckyc pain for me. They weren't even aware that when they do the ckyc for a customer that customer gets a sms & email with the ckyc number.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤔 Finally told me to speak to the branch manager who of course was not available all day inspite of many calls. 😡😡😡. Time for customers to do Know Your Banker.🙄 Pinged them on Twitter but no response at all, No one had read my DM yet. My digital India experience. 😔
An email to their helpdesk also did not get me a reply. Looks more like a information black hole as far as customers are concerned.

Last edited:
The number comes via sms & email. The email has an attachment which shows ALL your details entered with a photo. SMS looks like this.

Dear 'Your Name' , Your KYC record bearing no. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is registered with Central KYC Registry by 'Name of. Institution which did your ckyc'
CKYCRR
You might even get an sms from the financial institution which did your ckyc.

Mine shows 2012 😳 but I didn't know if ckyc existed then. If you know who did your ckyc then you could approach them. Other option is using a friendly contact in your bank or financial institution like mutual fund etc. Not sure if that will work as theres nothing for them in it. Ofcourse you will have to shown pan, aadhar etc. I may ultimately have to try this option as the jokers who did the entry for me are clueless or just behaving that way.

Today I called up the Bank which started this ckyc pain for me.

Bank is not involved in this process at all. All they do is , collect the paperwork and forward to AMC (Mutual Fund House) .

Say if you buy ICICI Mutual Fund from ICICI Bank, ICICI Bank will not know nothing about KYC (apart from sending documents to ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund or other Fund company(AMC).

Maybe not all banks can do it but this Bank did the data entry at their end that's what they told me & that's how she told me that my email id had not been entered. Also the sms says its been done by the bank (sms formatis shown in post #9). Last year HDFC Mutual fund did it for a family member.

Last edited:
Today I called up the Bank which started this ckyc pain for me. They weren't even aware that when they do the ckyc for a customer that customer gets a sms & email with the ckyc number.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤔 Finally told me to speak to the branch manager who of course was not available all day inspite of many calls. 😡😡😡. Time for customers to do Know Your Banker.🙄 Pinged them on Twitter but no response at all, No one had read my DM yet. My digital India experience. 😔
An email to their helpdesk also did not get me a reply. Looks more like a information black hole as far as customers are concerned.

Know Your Banks? You mean something that could hold them properly accountable? In New India? Aatmanirbhar hone ka daur hai ye.. Naye Bhaarat mein accountability sirf citizens ki hai.. na corporates ki, na government ki.

Still no luck the CDSL site does not send me the OTP via email (even after so many days of getting my email address entered correctly by SBI) & there's no option for getting it via sms to the registered mobile number.🙁