• Thread starter Thread starter sid_c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,689

sid_c

nO0B
ISP
Triband & Tata 512kbps unlimited
Hi guys, I've had Triband for more than a year, and everything had been great except for the frequent disconnections (avg of once every 30 mins for the last year). The MTNL guys have come a bunch of times, changed the routers, linemen have changed the lines, everything possible has been done, I've even tried bunch of times to play around with modulation etc but no luck. The SNR has always been less than 10. Thankfully I have had 7star broadband (now Tata) so it was never a big deal, I just used Triband for big downloads. Today one of the "techs" from mtnl randomly called me and said that the reason for my disconnections is the distance from the exchange. Even though I live in Juhu and there's an exchange a few hundred meters away near SNDT, my exchange is in Vile Parle EAST!! I asked him if I could move my number to the exchange right down my street and he said I can't. Does anyone know if it is possible to move a number to a different exchange? Thanks guys!

😱 dude i dont think it would be possible for u to move ur no. frm one exchange to other but may be u can issue a different no. frm the exchange near u!!The frequent disconnects u hv may be ,if u hv more than 2 parallel conections in ur house on the same no.

Not possible.You can only CHANGE THE EXCHANGE if you shift your house.Every bldg has a cable and each specific area has its own exchange.If u live close to one exchange then its possible that u have a line to an exchange farther from you if cables are laid to the one thats far away.Same case with me..........Borivali (W)/Shimpoli are my closest exchanges,But in my area lines all terminate at Charkop.... 🙁Its all decided when they lay the lines."You cant choose ur parents", I read some where....well you cant change ur exchange either unless u change ur house LOL

Yeah u cant change ur exchange unless u change ur residence..what u can do is look around and see if the border area of ur exch is near ur place..this is the area where lines from another exch wud be there..then u can request MTNL to provide a connex from there..Its a far fetched idea..and subject to MTNL's consent..

its very strange coz my parents live in the flat next to mine (neighbours lol) but their exchange is one up the street. anyway tomorrow i'll call them and see if there is anything they can do, if not i'll just apply for a new line at the closer exchange...too bad for the triband waiting time 🙁

Two adjoining flats in one housing society/Bldg and different exchanges??????? Highly Illogical(As Mr Spock would say)May be they applied years before u got ur connection,anyway its a boon for youI think u shld just get an extension line from ur parents house and use that instead,Just for Triband purposes !!

instead of applying for new line u can transfer ur triband to parents phone and get parallel line from there or swap the phone numbers.