Can I add free to air channel by tuning frequency manually in TATA SKY?

• Thread starter Thread starter Vaibhav20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 33,486

Vaibhav20

ISP
MTNL Triband
Can I add free to air channel by tuning frequency manually in Tata Sky?

Hi guys,
As we know that all channels in TATA SKY DTH is Automatically tuned (fixed) so that if any new channel will launch. Then can I add this channel by manual tuning in my package.......??

Plz Reply.......!!!

i think they blocked the feature in the recent firmwares?

Ya..someone had mentioned in another thread that the feature was 'intentionally disabled'.

even if they allowed tuning .. wudnt it require moving dish?

but Tata Sky is not doing that. if they were broadcasting from their satellite why wud disable that functionality

lol atleast they have taken all transponders on lease so atleast for now its virtually their satellite for DTH

Hmm...Insat 4A has other channels (incl. regional) which may be FTA..but I'm not sure if they are on KuBand. Unless I am mistaken Tata Sky hsa leased all the KuBand transformers on the satellite. So then might not be possible to get them on Tata Sky STB..

if the FTA are being broadcasted from the same satellite?

can i connect 2 STB's {1 Tata Sky and other for DD FTA Channels} on the same dish antenna ?

No, your solution would need 2 dishes and not 2 STBs. DD and Tata Sky satellites are not aligned. The dishes would need to point in different directionsAs of now, you would also require 2 STBs!

and i think u would need a seperate connector. the default supplies only one wire input. zee was charging me 750 bucks for dual connector.

There is one device called DiSEqC (DiSEqC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which is used for connecting more than 1 dish (upto 4 dish'es) to STB for receiving signals from 4 satellites. But question is that whether Tata Sky STB supports it (it should actually as it is mandatory for all DVB STB's worldwide) & 2nd thing is if it supports, then will we be able to add & scan the FTA TP's

U can't add any channels or satellite with Tata Sky stb ... They have got it blocked... but u can use Dual LNB on same dish to manually tune the channels ... and tht too will require u to get some other STB ...