can i able to connect broadband with my friend's account ?

• Thread starter Thread starter redlbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,813
ISP
bsnl
hi,
i have been trying to connect internet with my friend's airtel account which is high speed one.
is it possible to do so ?

mine is airtel slow speed connection.

and how the airtel broadband connection works. i mean the login id in modem and all

thanks inadvance.

redlbug said:
is it possible to do so ?
No. Why? Because of port binding.

falconeer said:
yea
port binding.. and by the way r u trying to hack :naughtybottom:
at tikona it works, so im just curious about why its not working in airtel, can you explain me about port binding a little bit more?
thanks bro

airtel does not allow it. it is as simple as that. every broadband connection is connected to that landline connection. tikona uses a totally different technology.

redlbug said:
anyone explains me what's the job of port binding ?
Airtel is DSL which means it's Broadband over Analog Line ( Landline ). Each Analog Line is multiplexed with a Digital Data Channel which is mapped to a particular ADSL Port. This ADSL Port is often binded with the username password of the PPPoE connection ( more like a mac binding ) due to which using different from a single ADSL port is not allowed.
However in case of Airtel , its not the port which is binded , it's the mac address of the ADSL modem which is binded. In recent days Airtel might have imposed Port + ADSL mac binding but i cannot justify it because i have left using Airtel since a long time.
Hope your question is answered.