Can foreign citizen buy Tata Sky package?

• Thread starter Thread starter ForeignGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9,374
Oh yes the south indian channels do put a transparent logo on some of their broadcasts (exactly like those idiotic exclusive flashes on news broadcasts. though not so big). It is quite irritating you know/ The stupid thing even moves around to screw the whole experience up/@TOPIC: ForeignGuy: These are the boquets of the respective networks. The DTH ops have absolutely different channel packages mostly tuned wrt genres.

In India Following are the DTH Operators : Tata Sky - Partly owned by Star ( Or some sister company, Im not really sure )Dish Tv ( Zee Tv )Airtel TvReliance Tvand maybe others that i cant recall right now. You get most of the channels on with all DTH operators.

Yes, thanks. Let's list and check:1. Tata Sky - price known2. Dish tv (Zee Tv) - price unknown3. Airtel TV - no info on price.4. Reliance TV - price known (but satellite is not available here)5. Sun Direct - price known and satellite is OK, but only few channels.

No, I mean this:

Zee Network on AsiaSat 3S at 105.5°E - LyngSat

By the way, this one is also interesting, but no word on pricing:

STAR TV on AsiaSat 3S at 105.5°E - LyngSat

They are channel providers who provide their channel packages to DTH/Cable/IPTV operators and also to some Hotels (like 5 Star hotels/resorts). So these packages are not really sold to normal household customers. They are broadcast from C-Band satellite which covers wide areas (across continents). We can see on Zee and Star channel covering Indian, Asian and even European beams which are received in its designated region (along with other beams) and use to broadcast channels for that region particularly.

I'm in India now 🙂Very interesting country. Especially speed how fast your mobile phone card is activated and money got onto account is amazing 😛 what here took 5 hours, in Georgia it may take 5 seconds? So it's clear, you need these payboxes. And your cousine is really great, so tasty and lightweight food...Well, back to packages. I've talked with our host, and he told that he'll help me in buying Tata Sky. But as my friend reports from Georgia, satellite signal strength may be changed, and Tata Sky seems to be no longer receivable in Georgia, while Dish TV from 95E is ok. But I'd like to clarify, is Dish TV broadcast ONLY from 95E? because lyngsat also lists it on 100.5E, which is NOT receivable here in Georgia.Thanks in advance.