Can flipkart sell items priced higher than MRP mentioned?

If MRP shows inclusive of all taxes based on other thread... They cannot 😀
Ask for a refund.

It could be Octroi or any other special charge levied by your state as well. Share the bill you received.

Correction: MRP on box says 449Rs whereas flipkart charges 455Rs(+40rs as delivery charge). I've known that other sellers sell above MRP but this is the first time Iam noticing flipkart do the same.
Iam on mobile ..will do the same when I reach home.
AFAIK octroi doesn't apply to Andhra pradesh.

Octroi is charged by courier company. The seller do not charge the octroi. Octroi is the entry tax and cannot be charged by the seller. Moreover, they can charge service charge but then they will have to charge service tax too. So you need to see the bill carefully which flipkart has generated for you. If there is no mention of any other tax then, threaten them.

Why didnt you order from snapdeal. They are selling it for 398 Rs. inclusive of delivery.

Okay,the bill states Price as Rs431.28 and Tax as Rs23.72 which brings the total to Rs 455. Where as MRP on box says Rs449 inclusive of all tax. And afaik maharastra is the only state which chargess octroi in india.

Dextermorgan said:
Okay,the bill states Price as Rs431.28 and Tax as Rs23.72 which brings the total to Rs 455. Where as MRP on box says Rs449 inclusive of all tax. And afaik maharastra is the only state which chargess octroi in india.
You must contact flipkart then.

Manu said:
Why didnt you order from snapdeal. They are selling it for 398 Rs. inclusive of delivery.
I should have. I was in hurry and what better site to shop other than flipkart for hassle free shopping? But they've been ordinary lately ..packages getting delivered after 3~4 days whereas earlier it used to be 2 days flat. I guess its the fallout of their "In-a-day" delivery system they've adopted recently.
Just got out of phone with flipkart ..they agreed to refund the difference amount in flipkart wallet.

I had a similar issue few years ago with an online store. The MRP was half of what they had charged me. Told me that the price they charged me was on the older models and I was giving a new unit. They took 2 months but it was refunded eventually.
I am guessing this too was a logistical problem. Someone wrote the wrong price in their backend. Or the product got a price cut that was not updated in their system.
https://broadband.forum/topic/44060-cafegadgetscom-turned-out-to-be-a-headache/?p=371126