Can DialUp BSNL & DataOne co-exist on a single PC

• Thread starter Thread starter pjayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,700

pjayant

Umtil the time my Broadband link gets stabilized and activated, I have to continue using my existing Dial-Up connection to BSNL. But a LAN card has been installed and the SmartAX MT880 router/modem has been connected. Since the link is not working, I get LAN icon in my Startup tray which is crossed and when I move the mouse over it, it says there is a LAN Cable unplugged. That is of course true.Because of the LAN configuration, the Dial-Up connection started getting "cannot connect to the Server" responses. So I had no choice but to disable the LAN connection in the Properties of the LAN Network connection. Then the Dial-Up connection started working smoothly.Does this imply that there are likely to be conflicts in the settings of the two types of links? And would I have to disable the Dial-Up connection in XP, when the DataOne link is estableished in XP?P. Jayant

I dunno why this conflict. I am able to dial up and also have the connection thru LAN ( Dataone ) without opening anythings or changing any settings.I think there is some set up error which is causing the prob and if that is taken care of then even the Dataone will start to function.

The problem with initializing DataOne is not with configuring XP. It is in three steps earlier. The BSNL DE and the DataOne Connection Engineer who visited my residence and spent hours trying to establish the Link between the Huawei Router/Modem connected to my PC and the BSNL's ADSL server did not succeed. I met the Manager of the Shivajinagar Exchange to which I am connected and he has asked me to wait for them to find the solution. So, I am waiting.Meanwhile I have to keep using the Dial up link which is working fine only after disabling the LAN connection.P. Jayant

well it should work if its not working then the problem is with ur compwhat is the problemwhen u have the network enabled does ur dial up connect.or it doesn'tif it does connect then what are the error u are getting.

Most of the time the prob is with the PC I have noticed, and the BSNL side of it is generally OK.Getting a proper hardware guy to check everything is required before u apply to BSNL.I have personally installed atleast 10 Dataones at various freinds after the BSNL guy dumped the Modem and asked us to wait for the login and pw. We got the login in all cases over phone after calling them unless they called us before. After that it took me 2-5 minuted depending if it was XP or 98 ( xp took 2 while 98 took 5 because of one additional rebooting ).

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 13 2005, 09:21 AM
Most of the time the prob is with the PC I have noticed, and the BSNL side of it is generally OK.
Getting a proper hardware guy to check everything is required before u apply to BSNL.
I have personally installed atleast 10 Dataones at various freinds after the BSNL guy dumped the Modem and asked us to wait for the login and pw. We got the login in all cases over phone after calling them unless they called us before.    After that it took me 2-5 minuted depending if it was XP or 98 ( xp took 2 while 98 took 5 because of one additional rebooting ).
[snapback]16008[/snapback]
[/quote]

Since the BSNL Engineers and the exchange Manager themselves are conscious that the link between the ADSL Router/Modem at my residence to the BSNL Server lis not giving a steady glowing light which means there is a problem, I shall reserve my comments until I get the connection working with the help of the engineers concerned.

P. Jayant