Can Anyone Tell Me Why Beer Is So Cheap In Delhi?

• Thread starter Thread starter parth.paul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7,362
it's all about taxes and liquer mafia. beer used to cost double in gurgaon compared with delhi till last year. this year, the mafia was given the middle finger and the government was more liberal with allocating shops to dealers. now the rates are somewhat comparable between haryana and delhi...haywards 5000 for 50 bucks. a great deal i had say. it used to cost me 90/100 before this financial year.

When Iwas in noida a beer bottle cost me around Rs.65 to Rs.75. But the same Haywards 5000 is just Rs. 40........now I usally consume double the amount I used to consume in Noida. 🙂

Daaamnnn!! ...that is cheap..its almost dbl down here.

when beer was expensive in delhi we used to go to the border to pick up tons of bottles and come back. it was worth it to do for more than 4-5 bottles. and we did it a lot of times...

well kingfisher is 30 here in kolkata and thunderbolt (my fav.) is 45....Haywards cost much more here 55 bucks for 5000

Sad to see Fosters pulling out of India. I used to love their 330ml bottles 🙁I prefer Kingfisher Strong (40 bucks too) to Haywards. Try it if u haven't already; you'll thank me 😛

i doubt foster would no longer be avialable in india in the future. too many pubs sell it and a lot of people drink it (god knows why...)...its a crappy beer.

Fosters has a reputation among lager louts in London. It has a very cheap image there. Tacky ppl drink it.I'm not in the least bothered that shit isnt available. Kingfisher is actually not bad and i've been around the world, so trust me on this one. I used to drink stella artois when i was in the UK, its 5% so defnitely in the strong category. But i've dropped off on the drinking bit over the years...I dont care so much about beer taste, i drink it for the high. What i do care about taste in is wines, and they are exorbitant here in BLR. A wine from maharashtra or Goa goes for Rs.400+ !!!! ..if not more.

a friend of mine who stayed in UK for a couple of months goes gaga over stella and corona... and Guinness...i tried corona. expensive and not so nice... i prefer kingfisher lager and haywards 5000...

Corona's one of those middle of the road beers that does not offend anybody.Guiness, man, forgot how good that was. Thing is, it does not travel very well, if they brew it locally its really creamy & excellent. Also if they clean the lines too, otherwise it gets bitter and does not have the head. The real stuff takes forever to pour, if takes a while to pour then you know you're getting the good stuff. I've heard stories of pubs in Ireland just filling glasses and punters coming up and picking them off the counter.Haywards, is something i'm not familair with at all, where is it from ?I;ve had UB export but that's given me a headache, not so good.

i am unique here .....Thunderbolt....for me ...hey bartender....keep that rolling😛