Can anyone suggest configuring TP-LINK TL-WR740N for YOU broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ashwin6056
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,803
ISP
You Broadband
Hi,
I have got YOU broadband connection in Pune.
It has a coaxial cable connected to a Motorola cable modem through which I can directly connect to an internet by creating a new PPPoE broadband connection in pc and dialing using my credentials.
Now I have bought TP-Link TL-WR740N wireless router to share my connection.
While configuring it first I regsitered its MAC on YOU's portal as they only allow connection to registered MAC.
Then I tried configuring it in PPPoE mode by providing the credentials but it didn't connect. I got a suggestion online to clone the MAC address, which also didn't work.
Kindly suggest if its the compatible router for this connection.
If so please guide me thorugh the steps to configure it.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashwin Tandel

Can anyone help me with the same modem. I brought a same new modem. When the tech team has come for config which worked properly and suddenly it got disconnected. Now Im trying to connect it shows pppoe connecting.... but nt able to connect. When I connect the LAN cable directly it works. What s the problem.

Can anyone help me with the same modem. I brought a same new modem. When the tech team has come for config which worked properly and suddenly it got disconnected. Now Im trying to connect it shows pppoe connecting.... but nt able to connect. When I connect the LAN cable directly it works. What s the problem.

Ashwin,
I had the same problem. I have a Belkin Wifi router. Try the following and it should work.
on the YOU broadband website after you login, there is a option of dual mac updation, manually enter your computer's mac id and make it primary MAC. Then in your wifi router select clone mac id. Then configure it with your PPPoE credentials, save and restart both your modem and wifi router. Works flawlessly for me.