• Thread starter Thread starter TechNick
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,692

TechNick

ISP
BSNL DataOne
Hi Friends, Need your help here....

I tried to run the setup.exe for windows from the CD which was provided with the BSNL SmartAX MT882 modem. I was trying to install the USB drivers on Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition OS. I followed the following steps:-
1. Switch off the modem.
2. Ran the setup.exe from Windows folder, the setup wizard appeared and after sometime it asked me to plug in the modem.
3. I switched on modem, the wizard then continued, however after 10-15 mins, message appeared that there is some problem installing the drivers, please contact technical suppport.

Then from one the forum site i got to know the process of installing the Vista drivers. i thought of trying those steps also.
I ran the setup.exe again, then pop up window comes saying, your PC needs to be rebooted to compelete the installation and with Yes,No radio buttons, i clicked Yes, but even after rebooting , when I ran the setup.exe again, then same pop up window appears saying, your PC needs to be rebooted to compelete the installation. I have restarted my PC numerous times but same window comes up again and again.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this window and get the same installation wizard which i got for the first time.

Sorry for the long question but i tried to make it more elaborate.

thanks

Better off to use the ethernet port instead. It's much more reliable.

Better off to use the ethernet port instead
SKIP
Do not connect Modem MT882 to computer.
Run the cd. Download USB drivers ( may not be compatible for VISTA) to C:/MT882 USB.
Connect USB cable from modem to computer USB port.
restart the system.
VISTA will detect the Hardware and ask for drivers.
follow procedure and upload drivers from above location.
You may get Warning \"Not digitally signed\"
\"abort installation\" . or\"safely remove hardware.\"
Proceed further.
If drivers accepted,
Open modem settings 192.168.1.2 ( USB port)
If "NO GO" connect rj45 from modem to computer ethernet
port.
SKIP ends !
Open 192.168.1.1 admin admin
do settings.
Save Reboot.
Surf the Internet.
If "NOGO"
post error message received.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU