Can any one get MTNL Sim for me?

• Thread starter Thread starter sureshreddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 10,342
well sometimes the retailers dont sell the sim if the person who actually wants to use it is not present in person coz his signature is needed on the form particularly if the residential address is from outside the telecom circle...besides considering the kind of environment prevailing in the country i dont think it is advisable to mail your personal documents to a person you dont know. Somebody else buying the sim for you on his own documents is out of the question..

Street Telecom retailers misuse our ID documents. recently in Hyderabad I wanted a Idea sim (for checking out 3G data speed etc).I gave him chennai driver's liecence+ pan+ photo. He cooly attached some one else electricity bill and got my signature in all 3 xerox and gave+ activated the sim. Anyway I used dor data for few days and threw it away.I have 2 permanent mobile no's (Ap+TN) in a cheap double sim phone ( only voice + sms) I do keep changing 3G sim in my internet phone (Android-email/twitter/Net and other apps) & 3G data cards depending on the deals/packages.( all are pre paid!!)I had 6 months BSNL unlimited with mixed results.No longer renewing BSNL 3G.( quality not worth in current prices).Airtel 3G gives the best and consistent speeds and Vodafone 3G comes next.

1 try this : subit ur documents to mtnl (fax)then i can go there and buy 4 u and then deliver to u

1) MTNL does not allow non-local resident address, they dont even allow rental address.
2) MTNL is strict these days, they dont given anything on XEROX. You have to show them original along with xerox.

Based on my recent experience for my cousin who is not resident of Mumbai.

Any one from Delhi/Mumbai got MTNL 3G sim from street retailer and activated it? (instead from MTNL CSC )

Any possibility to get MTNL 3G will be helpfull for Indian`s for Unlimited usage 😛

Its illegal to use someones sim. Such topics should be closed.

@sureshreddyWelcome to the club of Non-MTNL's....I know every FU***** Information about MTNL,but i dun have a MTNL sim card......And i live in Pune...which is very close to Mumbai....Im going through the same thing as of urs...I dun have any relative or friend living in Mumbai or Delhi....We can just talk about the UL plans of MTNL 3G thats all i guess... 🙂Its a Bitter truth i know it FUC**G HURTS IN OUR arse..

Recently i got MTNL 3G sim with many freebies Trump Silver Jubilee Offer. I stay in navi mumbai and had been to their Vashi office with 1 photo + Driving license copy + Local Rental Agreement.
MTNL officer said rental agreement should be stamped by notary which was not in my case. Alternately he accepted my bank statement (Icici bank) with local address.
So if you have an ICICI bank account and you happen to visit mumbai then get address changed to a local one and get a statement from them.
In order to change your bank account address, all you need to carry is a photo ID proof. This is the best way and it works.

Strange how they accepted in ur case. Because MTNL officer told me that rental address now a days change every 11 months! So if someone does something wrong where will they go and catch?He had a point but then this whole thing of address verification makes no sense, because if someone has to do something, they are never going to give real address. But well, this process gives slight satisfaction to government's mind 😀

Is MTNL present in Vashi...??
=O
i thought BSNL is covering those areas.... :/

MTNL office is located opp to vashi bus stand. Click CSC Locations to view various mtnl centres.

BSNL covers Outside Mumbai & Navi Mumbai.

Is MTNL present in Vashi...??
=O
i thought BSNL is covering those areas.... :/

Vashi = New Mumbai = part of Mahanagar