• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,541

ijsa

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Hi, I am looking for MT-841 typeIII/ typeIV modem.Can I purchase the above modem from BSNL. I am a MTNL, Delhi user & MTNL doesn't sell.In market only D-Link 502T is available which has only one ethernet port. Please suggest If I can buy from BSNL or any other option available in the market.

To get the modem from BSNL you have to apply, which also means having a copy of the latest telephone bill. Unless it is 500C type connection. And then you have to deposit cash. It will not work for you, you cannot scam them.

I do not understand what you mean that only D-Link 502T is available. You are in Delhi. There must be twenty different ADSL modems available, use the manufacturers website to locate a dealer in your city or go to Nehru Place type place.

Just to humor you, Dlink website has this distributor listed.

Code:
[B]Address[/B]Artek Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. , 45 Deepak Building, 13 Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019  [B]Tel[/B][B]:[/B]011-26284824 / 26284825 [B]Fax[/B][B]:[/B]011-26468621 [B]Email[/B][B]:[/B]channel@artek.co.in, arteke@vsnl.com
And, Netgear website too.

thx for the quick reply but there are not many option available at Nehru place. In non-wireless category only D-Link 502T is available. The main feature reqd. isFour ethernet output which is not available in DLINK 502T but are available in MT-841 typeIII/ typeIV modem.

Yes ... NehruPlace is the great location for Delhi ppl. Even you can find electronics items are sold like SABJI MANDI 😕 And apply your bargain skill there too :wall:

as far as i know you should not have any problem finding a wifi modem with 4 USB ports at nehru place.you just need to know where to look.ask at wholesale dealers instead of retail ones.their shop may look less attractive/smaller but they have a lots of contacts.

D-Link seems like a decent product to me. I stupidly got old modem from BSNL, otherwise I too would try to get a DLink ADSL router/modem with 4 ethernet ports. However I do have a old Dlink ethernet card and it does not have any issues.It is hard to understand how one cannot get variety in this type of hardware, that too in Delhi?! The only reason could be that the market is very price sensitive, and Dlink has pretty much clean sweeped the market.In any case, enjoy your new hardware, and visit the Dlink website (international too) to verify you are running the latest firmware.

Apply for a BB connection with outright-purchase of the modem of Type III/IV. Have the connection active for a month (Minimum period required..) and then disconnect the BB Connection if you dont want.. Keep the modem/router for yourself...